This mini tutorial describes how to create the classic 'Hello World' console application!
- From the main menu bar go to the 'Workspace' menu and select the entry 'Create New Project'.
- In the 'New Project' dialog that came up, select the 'Console' category
- Choose the console project that suits your compiler. For this demo, I selected 'Simple executable (g++)'
- Enter the project name: "HelloWorld"
- Select the path for the project. Note: the path must exist!
- If you check the option 'Create the project under a separate directory', codelite will create a new folder under the selected path with the given project name
- Click OK
You should now have a workspace + project named 'HelloWorld' with a single main.cpp file.
- Click F7 to build it and.
- Once the build completed successfully, use Ctrl-F5 to execute it