Link with static wxWidget libraries

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
shauenstein
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Link with static wxWidget libraries

Post by shauenstein »

I can't find any way to configure codelite to build a project using the wxWidgets static libraries (Win7) even though the documentation hints that this should be possible. I've changed the environment variable WXCFG, but that doesn't seem to have any affect no matter which library directory that points to. When I build, codelite outputs messages that indicates it is using the dll directories, and I see no setting that will allow me to change this behavior. How do I configure a project to build using the static wxWidgets libraries?
shauenstein
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Link with static wxWidget libraries

Post by shauenstein »

I solved my own problem. In the project settings, you need to specify the "--static" option for wx-config (compiler and linker). You also need to have static wxWidgets libraries for both debug and release if you are going to use both types of builds (I used the wxWidgets source code to build both of these types of libraries). It doesn't appear that Codelite will use a release build of wxWidgets libraries if you are building your project with debug enabled. I'm not exactly sure how the WXCFG environment variable is used by Codelite since having the "--static" option or not having that option seems to dictate which type of libraries are used by the compiler and linker independent of the value of WXCFG.