Compile resource error

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
cujobr
CodeLite Curious

Compile resource error

Post by cujobr »

I just download CodeLite and I create a standard project (Executable GUI wxWidgets + wxFrame) just for test.

When I compile works fine.

But I try add resource file (rc.rc) and then dont comile anymore, even if the resource file is empty.

First I add the resource file to the project and then uncheck "Resource Compiler is not needed" options.

Build log without resources:
----------Build Started--------
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""mingw32-make.exe" -j 1 -f "Teste1_wsp.mk""
----------Building project:[ Teste1 - Debug ]----------
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Donato/Desktop/z'
g++ -c "C:/Documents and Settings/Donato/Desktop/z/gui.cpp" -g -mthreads -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -D__WXDEBUG__ -D_UNICODE -IC:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -IC:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\include -DWXUSINGDLL -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -D__WX__ -o ./Debug/gui.o "-I."
g++ -c "C:/Documents and Settings/Donato/Desktop/z/main.cpp" -g -mthreads -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -D__WXDEBUG__ -D_UNICODE -IC:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -IC:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\include -DWXUSINGDLL -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -D__WX__ -o ./Debug/main.o "-I."
g++ -o ./Debug/Teste1 ./Debug/gui.o ./Debug/main.o "-L." -mwindows -mthreads -LC:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll -lwxmsw28ud -lwxtiffd -lwxjpegd -lwxpngd -lwxzlibd -lwxregexud -lwxexpatd -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwxregexud -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Donato/Desktop/z'
----------Build Ended----------
0 errors, 0 warnings
Build log with "Resource Compiler is not needed" options unchecked:
----------Build Started--------
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""mingw32-make.exe" -j 1 -f "Teste1_wsp.mk""
----------Building project:[ Teste1 - Debug ]----------
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Donato/Desktop/z'
g++ -c "C:/Documents and Settings/Donato/Desktop/z/gui.cpp" -g -mthreads -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -D__WXDEBUG__ -D_UNICODE -IC:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -IC:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\include -DWXUSINGDLL -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -D__WX__ -o ./Debug/gui.o "-I."
g++ -c "C:/Documents and Settings/Donato/Desktop/z/main.cpp" -g -mthreads -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -D__WXDEBUG__ -D_UNICODE -IC:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -IC:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\include -DWXUSINGDLL -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -D__WX__ -o ./Debug/main.o "-I."
windres -i "C:/Documents and Settings/Donato/Desktop/z/rc.rc" --use-temp-file --define __WXMSW__ --define _UNICODE --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll\mswu --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\include --define WXUSINGDLL -o ./Debug/rc.rc.o
gcc: 2\cmd.exe: No such file or directory
windres: gcc exited with status 1
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [Debug/rc.rc.o] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Donato/Desktop/z'
----------Build Ended----------
0 errors, 0 warnings
What am I doing wrong?
gcc: 2\cmd.exe: No such file or directory
What the heck is that??

I am using the current version of Codelite IDE with wxWidgets 2.8.10 and Mingw32 4.4.1 on Windows XP SP3.

Sorry bad English.

Thanks in advance.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Compile resource error

Post by eranif »

This is because winres does not like spaces in the path...

(simple forum search for 'winres' would have have tell you that http://codelite.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... nres#p3835)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
cujobr
CodeLite Curious

Re: Compile resource error

Post by cujobr »

Sorry

I do the search and I saw this post, but I dont realized that is the same problem.

Thank you.

Works well now.