Workspace and Tabs

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
zaphod
CodeLite Veteran

Workspace and Tabs

Post by zaphod »

When I'm developing a library I'm constantly shifting between the library and the application code as I test the library. Both the library and the application have many files and I have many tabs ~100 open. I also have lots of screen space on a cheap $250 4K monitor.

It would be helpful if I could detach the Workspace pane and the Tab pane. The tabs themselves are not useful when one has ~100 files open! :o Yes, I know it is weird but I do have my reasons.

Selecting a project in the Workspace by double clicking expands the contents, but switching back and forth the toggling and the expanding and collapsing trees is an irritant.

What is the best way to use CL when developing a library? Should I run two instances, one for the library and one for the application? Won't there be file collisions? Should I have a separate Workspace and a second instance of CL just for library work?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Workspace and Tabs

Post by eranif »

You can disable the "Link Editor" button in the workspace view to avoid the tree collapsing / expanding
linke_editor.png
Eran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

You can also detach the workspace tab
detach.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
zaphod
CodeLite Veteran

Post by zaphod »

Thanks Eran.

Detaching the Workspace and Tab list is very useful. I don't seem to be able to change the tree expand/collapse when double clicking to change project (application <--> library) the chain-link button doesn't seem to work? Is there another way to select a project so it can be built?

Do you have any further advice on using CL for library development & debug?

Supplementally, is there a way of turning off the Explorer/Tabgroups/CMake window? I can squeeze it closed but it keeps popping back up :roll: