Codelite corrupted

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
willliamford35
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Codelite corrupted

Post by willliamford35 »

After upgrade of brew yesterday, 3/20/2024, an install of CodeLite produces an app that is corrupted and so useless to me.

willliamford35
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: Codelite corrupted

Post by willliamford35 »

The problem is at least one library that brew does not load but that codelite needs. Here is a copy of a crash report generated when codelite starts on an Apple silicon mac.

Termination Reason: Namespace DYLD, Code 1 Library missing
Library not loaded: /opt/homebrew//libcrypto.1.1.dylib
Referenced from: <DD73C6E3-8CF6-3547-B7C6-AA2F6BFC23B1> /Applications/codelite.app/Contents/MacOS/libssh.4.dylib
Reason: tried: '/opt/homebrew/
/libcrypto.1.1.dylib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/opt/homebrew//libcrypto.1.1.dylib' (no such file), '/opt/homebrew//libcrypto.1.1.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.1.1.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/libcrypto.1.1.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache)
(terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)

willliamford35
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by willliamford35 »

The library is present in
"/opt/homebrew/lib/libcrypto.1.1.dylib",
but codelite is not finding it.

willliamford35
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by willliamford35 »

Things would be much better if codelite were not installed using brew. In the past, the codelite site had direct downloads and I had no problems. Brew is too invasive.

willliamford35
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by willliamford35 »

My whole project is on hold because of the corrupted codelite on arm64 Macintosh, Sonoma 14.4. I have been a codelite user for 14 years and have provided funds at times. I would change to Code::Blocks like I have on Windows, but it does not run on Macs. Please fix this!

eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Hi,
Usually, such errors should go to GitHub where I get a direct email and it will brought to my attention much faster
Having said, that, I will check this and hopefully will release a fix tomorrow (too late now)

FYI: CodeLite does not (at least it shouldn't) rely on local homebrew paths, instead it should load everything from the bundle
probably a bug in the packaging script file

HTH,
Eran

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

What is the output that you get when running:

Code: Select all

$ otool -L codelite.app/Contents/MacOS/libssh.4.dylib
codelite.app/Contents/MacOS/libssh.4.dylib:
	/opt/homebrew/opt/libssh/lib/libssh.4.dylib (compatibility version 4.0.0, current version 4.9.5)
	@executable_path/libcrypto.3.dylib (compatibility version 3.0.0, current version 3.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.12)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 6.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1336.0.0)

Notice that for me, libssh requires crypto 3. and not 1.1

Which macOS & CodeLite are you using? I am running 14.2.1 M2

willliamford35
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by willliamford35 »

Here is the result of running

otool -L codelite.app/Contents/MacOS/libssh.4.dylib

dyld[8034]: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib
Referenced from: <08444957-911B-3A0D-938F-53974D162014> /opt/local/libexec/llvm-3.9/lib/libLLVM.dylib
Reason: tried: '/opt/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/opt/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib' (no such file), '/opt/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/libffi.6.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache)
fatal error: otool: fatal error in /opt/local/bin/llvm-objdump-mp-3.9

I am running macOS Sonoma 14.4 M1 and the latest version of codelite that brew downloads.

eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

I am really am clueless here, the list of libraries is completely different than mine...
I would accept libssh to be dependent on crypto but for you -> its not even on the list...

Also: I tried downloading CodeLite on a different clean M2 macOS running Sonoma 14.4 and it runs nicely

willliamford35
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by willliamford35 »

An attempt to run codelite gives a message that libcrypto.1.1.dylib cannot be found. I removed brew and reinstalled it, and then installed libssh. That produced a file /opt/homebrew/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib. I tried copying it to /usr/lib as libcrypto.1.1.dylib and got the output

dyld[42133]: Symbol not found: _EVP_PKEY_base_id
Referenced from: <DD73C6E3-8CF6-3547-B7C6-AA2F6BFC23B1> /Applications/codelite.app/Contents/MacOS/libssh.4.dylib
Expected in: <B19FD0E6-8514-36F7-81C1-2C4C193EF35A> /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.1.1.dylib
Abort trap: 6

Apparently there have been problems with libcrypto.1.1.dylib for some time. The link

Code: Select all

https://gist.github.com/aklap/e885721ef15c8668ed0a1dd64d2ea1a7

discusses it, but I could not get any of the suggestions to work.

Sadly, I may have to try eclipse or just abandon arm64 macs and release my software on outdated x86_64 macs.

Thanks.