Please dont overwrite previous installed CL settings

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

Please dont overwrite previous installed CL settings

Post by hbr_in »

Hi,

Today i installed new devlopment build 2060. To my astonishment & anger, all my previous settings ( Most Important - Build settings, View settings, & the hell regex pattern for error & warning) is lost. Now i have to reset all these settings. Its easy to change view settings but still it hurts to do when it has noting to do with new install,

Also the build setting window display gets crippled when i move from one tab to another, (from one compiler tab to another).

Can i get a warning before these settings are overwritten. CL Setup can lookout for previous installation & warn user that it will overwrite settings. this will help to backup previous settings.

Thanks in advance

regards
Gururaja
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Please dont overwrite previous installed CL settings

Post by eranif »

hbr_in wrote:Today i installed new devlopment build 2060. To my astonishment & anger, all my previous settings ( Most Important - Build settings, View settings, & the hell regex pattern for error & warning) is lost. Now i have to reset all these settings. Its easy to change view settings but still it hurts to do when it has noting to do with new install,
What can I say? a bug for this is opened ( http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=979960 ) and I am working on it

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread