wxCrafter docvieww/mdi support

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
stockfish
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

wxCrafter docvieww/mdi support

Post by stockfish »

Does the free version of wxCrafter truly support the wxDoc* frames for docview/mdi feature set? I recently downloaded the stand alone version of the app but the doc* frames seem "non-existent" on the forms pallette....

I could be wrong though......
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: wxCrafter docvieww/mdi support

Post by eranif »

You should create a normal Frame, after created, you simply change its type from the properties view (on the right side)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Michal
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Re: wxCrafter docvieww/mdi support

Post by Michal »

Hello,

Can one combine doc/view model with wxAUI management just using wxCrafter ? I mean wxCrafter features both doc/view and wxAui management controls but does these features "tailor seamlessly" together via wxCrafter only or such "tailoring" (if feasible) requires manual code modification of crafter-generated code ?

I'm delving into modern GUI design topic and both wxAui management and doc/view model seem to suit such GUI design requirements. Both wxAui and doc/view are well covered separately (for example aui and docview demos in wxwidgets source code) but so far I haven't found any coverage for wxAui + doc/view combo.

I have found this very nice guide to wxWidgets' doc/view framework and it uses wxAuiManager, so it looks like mentioned "tailoring" is feasible. But the tutorial uses SDI interface and definitely I'll need MDI interface.

I'm wondering:
1. if I'm referring to proper means for my purpose - I want to get convenient and readible GUI with dockable/arrangable windows (that's wxAui) + some automation and layered code offered by doc/view model
2. if it's possible to fit wxAui and doc/view model together and if yes
3. if it's possible to "tailor" the two with wxCrafter

Are there any additional materials or demos to cover that topic ? So far I have mentioned wxWidgets samples, the guide and J. Smart et al "Cross-Platform GUI Programming" chapter 19.

Michal