How to Fix Misplaced wxBoxSizer

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

How to Fix Misplaced wxBoxSizer

Post by ColleenKobe »

Hi. I'm getting the hang of coding with sizers. They are a pleasant, useful alternative to WYSIWYG.

I have two questions for today. Both relate to my re-creation of the "target" form, below.
Receiver Settings.jpg
Here is my re-creation of the form. Normally, I would have it sized at -1,-1, but I increased its size to 800,800 so that I could display the last sizer, the one with the OK and Cancel buttons.
Misplaced_BoxSizer.jpg
My questions are:

1) How can I make the wxTextCrl boxes narrower? They could all be half the width they are now. The original form is pretty compact, and I'm trying to emulate that. Here's the form with the size set to -1,-1:
Correct _BoxSizer_Placement.jpg
2) The first three sizers for the rows appear just where you'd expect them to be, as shown. But the last sizer, Row04_BoxSizer, appears far below where it should, even though its contents (the buttons OK and Cancel) are in the correct place. How can I change where the sizer is displayed to be around the buttons? I've tried re-creating this sizer three times, from scratch (no copy and pasting), but it always appears like this, too far down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: How to Fix Misplaced wxBoxSizer

Post by ColleenKobe »

Sorry. I forgot to add my software versions to my original post.

CodeLite: 9.1.5
gcc: 4.9.3
tdm-gcc: 5.1.0.3
Windows 7: 6.1
wxCrafter: 2.5
wxWidgets: 3.1.0

Target build: debug
Target platform: 32-bit