How to set include path?

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
BowCatShot
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

How to set include path?

Post by BowCatShot »

Using version 6.1, when I go to settings->Build Settings->Advanced and try to set the include path, my changes don't seem to take. When I try to compile I still get the file not found error and when I return to the settings dialog, my changes aren't there.

Any suggestions.

I'm trying to add glib.h and all of its respective includes to my project.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: How to set include path?

Post by eranif »

BowCatShot wrote:Using version 6.1, when I go to settings->Build Settings->Advanced and try to set the include path, my changes don't seem to take. When I try to compile I still get the file not found error and when I return to the settings dialog, my changes aren't there
This bug was fixed already. If you are using Windows/OSX you can use a recent weekly build with the fix included.
Otherwise, use the workaround described in this thread - basically, what you need to do, is to enable the 'Apply' button. Once its enabled, all your modifications will get saved

Also (and very important) include paths should be added to your project settings, not to your compiler.
So: Right click on your project->settings->common settings->compiler->include paths

And most important: please read the HOW TO POST thread (see my signature)
EDIT:
Try searching the wiki to understand some concepts used by CodeLite, for example http://codelite.org/LiteEditor/WorkspacesAndProjects
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
BowCatShot
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Re: How to set include path?

Post by BowCatShot »

Thank you, eranif, I'll certainly follow your instructions. I'm new to codelite so excuse my stumbling.