Unable to write in dialogs.

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
gkourtis
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Unable to write in dialogs.

Post by gkourtis »

I have ubuntu 14.10 and I have upgraded both ubuntu and codelite to 14.10 and 6.1.

When opening a dialog I am able only to add characters while I am unable to delete.

If I click the right mouse button a dialog with "insertion method" appears and I have to choose between:
System, none, simple, amchar, cyrilic, inuctitut and other strange things I have never seen before.

So if I select "none" or "simple" everything works as expected, but the "system" stays always selected, and I have to repeat the operation every time I open a dialog box ( as project settings e.g. ).
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Unable to write in dialogs.

Post by eranif »

Read this post for how to fix your problem

BTW, this post is only 4 posts down to yours... ;)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
gkourtis
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: Unable to write in dialogs.

Post by gkourtis »

I had seen the post, but what I describe is more detailed. The problem isn't that some keys are "lost" instead somehow the keyboard modality is selectable by a way I have never seen before in ubuntu. If I select the "none" or "simple" then everything works correctly, but I have to do it every time, while I haven't found how to change it permanently. I attach a relative screenshot in order to understand the problem Image
gkourtis
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: Unable to write in dialogs Solved

Post by gkourtis »

I managed to solve the question by the subsequent way:

I installed im-switch ( apt-get install im-switch ) and executed it by the following command:
im-switch -c
In the dialog I selected the "none" option and restared the X window.