CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
WillyD
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

How to keep console alive?

Post by WillyD »

Hi there!

Just installed CodeLite for C++ development. Congratulations on being the only IDE I've found so far that actually works pretty well for C++ development on Linux! I tried 7 others and all of them had MAJOR problems that made them inferior to just using vim, g++, and gdb from the terminal (which sucks pretty bad). So yay! :)

Only issue I've got - and it's a minor one - is that the console terminates before I can see my program's output. How do I make the console stay open?

Adding a superfluous cin read, with the intention of making the console wait for input before terminating, doesn't seem to work, and this behavior doesn't make much sense to me considering that the console WILL wait for cin input IF that input is actually needed by the program. I can provide examples if needed, but I suspect this should be a quick fix, right?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply, happy coding to all! :)
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: How to keep console alive?

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

I seldom 'run' (I usually debug instead) and it took a bit of searching, but I finally spotted it: in the Project Settings: General tab, at the top of Execution section is 'Pause when execution ends'.
So yay!
Glad you like it!

Regards,

David