gkourtis
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

C++ configurations of projects

Post by gkourtis »

Hi,

I use codelite for C++ development.
I have a workspace and various projects under it.

On the workspace view I can select various workspace configurations.
Besides "Release" and "Debug" I have created "m64g++" "m32g++" "mx32g++" "m64clang++" "m32clang++" "mx32clang++".
These all appear under a drop list in the workspace view.
At the end of the drop list there is the selectio "open workspace configuration manager".
When that is opened it says "select the workspace configuration to edit from the drop down list".
I select one press "OK" but nothing happens.
More over underneath that selection there are the projects that are in my workspace.
Each project has a configuration selected, but only "Releas" and "Debug" are shown bellow.
If I create an new configuration in a project with the same name as a workspace configuration it seems that data are taken from the workspace configuration.
But these are copied and seem to be local to each project.

Over all it's not clear if "workspace configuration" exists, what configurations are shown in the workspace view , why when a project has less configurations never the less all configurations are shown.

My sensation is that under the same workspace, should exist configurations that may be assigned to each project.

PLEASE CLARIFY how it is designed and meant to work if you know anything about.

More over what should I do if I need to compile each time for a group of different configurations all together ?