Lost My Compiler Build Settings

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Lost My Compiler Build Settings

Post by ColleenKobe »

I've been using CodeLite for quite a long while now and it's performed flawlessly.

Then today, I was running an installation program, and I don't know WHAT it did, but now, my CodeLite Build Settings page is completely empty. Every user-entered field in the Tools tab, both on the left side and on the tab itself, is empty.

I tried clicking the big green "+" and navigated to--

C:\MinGW\bin

--and clicked "Select Folder." It says "New Compiler Found!" and shows "gcc.exe (MinGW.org GCC-6.3.0-1) 6.3.0" in the field. But when I click OK, CodeLite goes away completely.

So I restart CodeLite and go to Settings, Build Settings. I click on the magnifying glass, it reports it finds MinGW in installation path C:\MinGW, but when I click OK, it just returns to the same Build Settings page with empty user-defined fields.

The last thing I tried was clicking Help, Run the Setup Wizard. I configured it for C/C++ development, told it to Scan, it found C:\MinGW and I clicked it and clicked Next. I clicked OK for the rest of the settings and CodeLite appeared to reboot. But the Settings, Build Settings page was still unpopulated.

What should I do to get the compiler info back?

I do have backup copies of the workspace. Is there a file I can just copy from an old workspace into this workspace and that will fix everything?

Or should I reinstall CodeLite? Or would that make it worse?

I wouldn't be so panicky but of course, I was supposed to deliver a copy of this program to the customer today when I found a bug, and now I can't even fix the bug. Help!

Colleen Kobe

target platform: Windows 10
development platform: Windows 10
CodeLite version: 14.0.0
C/C++, MinGW
wxWidgets
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Lost My Compiler Build Settings

Post by eranif »

Looks like a corruption in one or more of CodeLite configuration files.
You can:

- Close CodeLite
- Delete the folder %appdata%\CodeLite (or rename it)
- Start CodeLite

This will mimic a complete new installation of CodeLite and it will start fresh
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert

Re: Lost My Compiler Build Settings

Post by ColleenKobe »

Thank you, thank you! That worked perfectly.

Gratefully,
Colleen