How to make the official OGRE tutorial application work?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
helloleoking
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

How to make the official OGRE tutorial application work?

Post by helloleoking »

I am learning OGRE. I have created a project named lrnOGRE and modified building settings under the introduction post on OGRE official website. But it does not work. Can you tell me how to make it work?
I have made it run with Code::Blocks and Eclipse CDT, after all.
I am new to CodeLite.
Thank you in advance.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: How to make the official OGRE tutorial application work?

Post by eranif »

helloleoking wrote:But it does not work.
This is not a very helpful information...

What is not working, build? run? setting up the project?
If it is build - please specify the build errors you are seeing

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
helloleoking
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by helloleoking »

Sorry, now I post the information maybe it helps.
I use CodeLite rev 4189.
In the build console:

Code: Select all

----------Build Started--------
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""mingw32-make.exe"  -j 2 -f "lrnOGRE_wsp.mk""
----------Building project:[ lrnOGRE - Debug ]----------
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `E:/Codes/lrnOGRE'
g++ -c  "E:/Codes/lrnOGRE/BaseApplication.cpp" -g -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -fident -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -D_DEBUG  -o ./Debug/BaseApplication.o "-ID:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include" "-ID:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE" "-ID:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OIS" "-ID:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include" 
g++ -c  "E:/Codes/lrnOGRE/TutorialApplication.cpp" -g -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -fident -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -D_DEBUG  -o ./Debug/TutorialApplication.o "-ID:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include" "-ID:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE" "-ID:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OIS" "-ID:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include" 
In file included from D:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include/boost/thread/win32/thread_heap_alloc.hpp:8:0,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include/boost/thread/detail/thread_heap_alloc.hpp:15,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include/boost/thread/tss.hpp:10,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeadersBoost.h:29,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeaders.h:30,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE/OgreStdHeaders.h:110,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE/OgrePrerequisites.h:315,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE/OgreCamera.h:32,
                 from E:/Codes/lrnOGRE/BaseApplication.h:20,
                 from E:/Codes/lrnOGRE/BaseApplication.cpp:17:
D:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include/boost/thread/win32/thread_primitives.hpp:122:73: warning: declaration of 'void boost::detail::win32::Sleep(long unsigned int)' with C language linkage
D:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include/boost/smart_ptr/detail/yield_k.hpp:58:29: warning: conflicts with previous declaration 'void boost::detail::Sleep(unsigned int)'
In file included from D:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include/boost/thread/win32/thread_heap_alloc.hpp:8:0,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include/boost/thread/detail/thread_heap_alloc.hpp:15,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include/boost/thread/tss.hpp:10,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeadersBoost.h:29,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeaders.h:30,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE/OgreStdHeaders.h:110,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE/OgrePrerequisites.h:315,
                 from D:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/include/OGRE/OgreCamera.h:32,
                 from E:/Codes/lrnOGRE/BaseApplication.h:20,
                 from E:/Codes/lrnOGRE/TutorialApplication.h:20,
                 from E:/Codes/lrnOGRE/TutorialApplication.cpp:17:
D:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include/boost/thread/win32/thread_primitives.hpp:122:73: warning: declaration of 'void boost::detail::win32::Sleep(long unsigned int)' with C language linkage
D:/Sources/Libraries/boost_1_42/include/boost/smart_ptr/detail/yield_k.hpp:58:29: warning: conflicts with previous declaration 'void boost::detail::Sleep(unsigned int)'
g++ -o ./Debug/lrnOGRE ./Debug/BaseApplication.o ./Debug/TutorialApplication.o  "-LD:/Sources/Libraries/OGRE1.7.1/mingwbin/debug"  -lOgreMain_d -lOIS_d  -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias -Wl,--enable-auto-import
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `E:/Codes/lrnOGRE'
----------Build Ended----------
2 errors, 4 warnings, total time: 00:00:21 seconds
My project named 'lrnOGRE' is in E:\Codes\lrnOGRE, my OGRE library is in D:\Sources\Libraries\OGRE1.7.1(with boost1.42 in D:\Sources\Libraries\boost_1_42).
My TDM MinGW is in the $(PATH), I set the lrnOGRE project according to the web page - http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Setting+ ... CodeBlocks (I use absolute path instead of relative path).
Thanks.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

The compilation actually went OK.
The problem is that the error parsing went bad :)

codelite probably coloured these 2 lines as errors, while they are not an errors.
To fix this:

settings -> build settings -> compilers
and select 'g++'
under 'patterns', double click the entry that starts with 'In file included from' (it should be under 'Warning' section)
and replace the pattern from:

(In file included from *)([a-zA-Z:]{0,2}[ a-zA-Z\\.0-9_/\\+\\-]+ *)(:)([0-9]+ *)(:)([0-9:]*)?( warning)
into

(In file included from *)([a-zA-Z:]{0,2}[ a-zA-Z\\.0-9_/\\+\\-]+ *)(:)([0-9]+ *)(:)([0-9:]*)?
( I applied this fix to svn already )
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
helloleoking
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by helloleoking »

eranif:
Thank you very much. I have resolved the problem with your help.