Broken menu after translation.

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
soMan
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Broken menu after translation.

Post by soMan »

I'm translating CodeLite into russian and has a problem: after translating a perspective menu in main menu bar I get a broken menu. 'Default' and 'Debug' submenus just dissappeared. If I return to English the Perspective menu become OK. What could be a problem?

You can look at screenshots:
Original variant:

Translated variant:
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Broken menu after translation.

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

I can see why this is happening, and I've committed a fix (though without testing it in a locale with translations).

Please would you update to r5608 and check if it now works for you. It's possible that there may be additional bugs there...

Thanks,

David
soMan
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by soMan »

It's possible that there may be additional bugs there...
I agree. And please check it out below. If I'm not wrong I translated those string already (PoEdit tool can't find the same strings in non-translated strings) but still see them (pane's captions)in english.

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

It's possible that there may be additional bugs there...
I meant with the 'Perspectives' menu.
...but still see them (pane's captions)in english.
That's intentional. Unfortunately, wxAui uses the caption as part of its way of identifying panes. If it's translated, that will break whenever anyone changes locale (the string loaded from .codelite/config will be different from the string that wxAui sees, so the pane won't be managed correctly).

Until wxAui is fixed (and everyone is using fixed versions) it's better not to translate.
soMan
CodeLite Enthusiast

Now works

Post by soMan »

Until wxAui is fixed (and everyone is using fixed versions) it's better not to translate.
Ok.
Please would you update to r5608 and check if it now works for you.
I am on r5611 and now it works. Perspectives are available in translatied version now. Thanks again.