General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
guyr
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Filesystem workspace error navigation

Post by guyr »

Ubuntu Mate 21.10 running CodeLite 14.0.0

I was trying out the filesystem workspace tonight just to understand its features. I had a directory with a set of project files, and I created a filesystem workspace there. I modified the build settings as necessary, and ran the build. The build completed, generating errors I knew were there. In the build window, these errors were correctly shown in red, and all the line numbers were correct. However, clicking on the errors did nothing. I was expecting it to open the corresponding source file and jump to the line with the error.

Does the filesystem workspace not navigate to the errors shown in the build window? I did some searching, and didn't see that limitation listed anywhere.

Thanks.

eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Filesystem workspace error navigation

Post by eranif »

Can you provide a sample output?
also, which compiler was defined in your workspace settings -> compiler?

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
guyr
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: Filesystem workspace error navigation

Post by guyr »

I'm attaching a small file demonstrating the issue. I've included my workspace file, but all I did was to create a filesystem workspace, and pointed it to the directory containing these files. I then modified the settings, changing only the build tab as follows:

Code: Select all

Tool chain: gnu g++

Target Name	Command
build		make
clean		make clean

On my system, CodeLite correctly highlights the line with the error in the source window, and also shows the error in the Build Output View in red. However, when I click that red line (making sure the point is the hand with the pointing finger), CodeLite does not jump to the source window with the cursor at the error.

If I do these same steps using a C++ workspace, then when I click the error in the Build Output View, CodeLite moves the focus to the source window and moves the cursor to the error.

Here is a screen shot. Of course, you can't see what happens if I click on an error link in the Build window. I expanded main.cpp to include additional source lines and 2 errors. I put the cursor at the top of the main.cpp, then I clicked the build icon. Once the errors were shown in the build window, I clicked one of them, and the focus did not go back to main.cpp. I couldn't really tell where the focus was, but I'm guessing it was still on the build window, where I last clicked the error. So, I then used ctrl-tab, which popped up a window list, and selected main.cpp. I was able to see that the cursor was at the top of the file where I last left it, and not on the error that I clicked in the Build window.

I hope this helps clarify what is happening.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.