CSCOPE doesnt respect active project

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

CSCOPE doesnt respect active project

Post by hbr_in »

Hi,

I have 2-3 projects added to CL. Few files from 2 projects have same code(Function, function names etc). when using Cscope features, it works for entire workspace. Is this intended.

TIA

Regards
Gururaja
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: CSCOPE doesnt respect active project

Post by eranif »

hbr_in wrote:I have 2-3 projects added to CL. Few files from 2 projects have same code(Function, function names etc). when using Cscope features, it works for entire workspace. Is this intended.
Yes.

If you want the ability to run cscope on single project / entire workspace => please submit a feature request

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

Post by hbr_in »

eranif wrote:Yes.

If you want the ability to run cscope on single project / entire workspace => please submit a feature request

Eran
i dont have must info about cscope. if its scope is throught the workspace & if thats the standard, then i dont want to make a blind/waste request. I just want to stick to standards

Regards
Gururaja
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

hbr_in wrote:i dont have must info about cscope. if its scope is throught the workspace & if thats the standard, then i dont want to make a blind/waste request. I just want to stick to standards
It is perfectly legitimate request to ask cscope to respect the active project/entire workspace. I meant was I said: It is possible to implement, but I will do it only upon feature request submission ;)

Some background:
cscope is an independent tool which scan files for various things: C symbols, functions calling function etc.
By default it accepts a directory as input and scan all files from this point on. It can accept a defined list of files to perform the search - this is how codelite uses cscope: it generates a workspace file list and passes it to cscope as input - so cscope will scan only these files.

Your FR is quite simple: generate the list for the project only, no big deal ;)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

Post by hbr_in »

eranif wrote: Your FR is quite simple: generate the list for the project only, no big deal ;)
Eran
Ok

Just did it.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=979963

regards
Gururaja