"Goto implementation" function doesn't work.

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
marfi
CodeLite Expert

"Goto implementation" function doesn't work.

Post by marfi »

Hi, it seems the "Goto implementation" function doesn't work (at least) in rev. 2364 neither from context menu nor as an action after CTRL+ALT+Left mouse button click. "Goto declaration" function works fine. Is it a bug or am I omitting something important?

Btw, is possible to save font size of message panes in output view?

Regards
marfi
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: "Goto implementation" function doesn't work.

Post by eranif »

Which OS?

it works here on Linux 32/62 Kubuntu, Windows XP & Mac 10.5.4

Can u provide me a simple example where it fails to work?

EDIT: Using CodeLite 1.0.2392
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Post by marfi »

I use Linux, Ubuntu 8.10 32bit.

It seems like it doesn't work only for one project whose headers have been added to static-symbol.tags cache (it is a library I use in other projects so I added it into this tags file). Now in this project "Goto" functions work in the following way: "Goto declaration" works only for non-inlined functions (function body is outside a class declaration) and doesn't work for inlined ones, on the other hand "Goto implementation" works only for inlined functions and doesn't work for the others.

Is there any way how to remove the project's headers from static-symbol.tags file?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

marfi wrote:"Goto declaration" works only for non-inlined functions (function body is outside a class declaration) and doesn't work for inlined ones
This is because codelite can found only the implementation (because it is inlined, it is defined as 'function' and not as 'prototype')

Do u get any errors in the 'Trace' tab?

Since u added it to external tags, the default is to add only *.h and *.hpp (headers) - you need to run the wizard again and this time make sure you include: *.cpp ;*.c

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Post by marfi »

I've run the tags wizard and selected implementation files as well as headers and now it works fine. Thanx a lot!

Regards marfi