Problem using CL with Dexpot multi-desktop program

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
coder99
CodeLite Expert

Problem using CL with Dexpot multi-desktop program

Post by coder99 »

I had mentioned sometime ago that there were times when the Debug tool button was unresponsive.

By now, I think I can reproduce the problem 'on demand'

In order to make things a bit easier for myself, I have installed the current version 1.4.1 build 562 of dexpot, a utility which allows me to have a number of desktops under WinXP. I currently have it set for 4 desktops and one of these I use for my general e-mail etc, and another for code development, etc.

What I find is that when I have CL running in one of the desktops, with a project open, then clicking on either the debug or run toolbar buttons will run my app as expected.
If, however, I switch away from the current desktop to one of the others and then come back to the desktop with CL open, the run button will start the program as expected, but the debug button will be unresponsive and I'll have to quit CL and then restart it.

As far as I can tell, it makes no difference which other desktop I switch to, although mostly it will be to desktop 1 for e-mail etc.

While I don't understand what is happening and I find it hard to really blame CL, the fact remains, that one button is affected, the other is not.

I have used dexpot now for some time and have not found any similar problems with any of the other applications I run in this environment.

If you can sort it out, great, if not, I can live with it, now that I understand the sequence which causes the problem.

Win 10/11 64-bit, MSVC 2019/2022, wxWidgets 3.2.1, CodeLite 17.0 Mint 21.2