Syntax Highlight Color questions

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
asterisc
CodeLite Enthusiast

Syntax Highlight Color questions

Post by asterisc »

Hi guys,

I have two questions about "Syntax Highlight" color scheme.

1. is there a way to identify the code as:
- classes
- variables
- methods
I used to use Visual Assist on top of Visual Studio, and I liked very much their way of highlighting the things. Is there a way to "borrow" that behavior in CodeLite?

2. I saw you can set Global background color, but it's pretty annoying to have to set "Style background color" for every single Language Attribute. Is there a way to improve the Syntax Highlight dialog to make the default color for every Language Attribute the "Global background color" unless the user wants to define another color?

Thanks,
Rares
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Syntax Highlight Color questions

Post by eranif »

asterisc wrote:1. is there a way to identify the code as:
- classes
- variables
- methods
settings -> tags settings -> General tab

tick: 'colour local variables' && 'colour workspace tags'
asterisc wrote:2. I saw you can set Global background color, but it's pretty annoying to have to set "Style background color" for every single Language Attribute. Is there a way to improve the Syntax Highlight dialog to make the default color for every Language Attribute the "Global background color" unless the user wants to define another color?
Whats wrong with the 'set global background colour' button which sets the background for all styles for a given language?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
asterisc
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by asterisc »

Codelite doesn't see any difference between methods and classes. (basically a class define a new datatype, as "int", and methods don't do that, that's why I like to have a difference between these two).
Furthermore, I believe the methods arguments are seen as "workspace tags" instead of "variables". Is that true?

Set global background works now, but yesterday evening, setting global background color didn't change any Language Attribute background color. Strange.
Thanks Eran.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

asterisc wrote:Codelite doesn't see any difference between methods and classes. (basically a class define a new datatype, as "int", and methods don't do that, that's why I like to have a difference between these two).
Furthermore, I believe the methods arguments are seen as "workspace tags" instead of "variables". Is that true?

Set global background works now, but yesterday evening, setting global background color didn't change any Language Attribute background color. Strange.
Thanks Eran.
It does know the difference, however, codelite allows use to colour two groups:
- local variables
- class/methods/enums/members etc.

This is done like this, since we only got 2 colour set available from scintilla.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread