Is it possible to execute program on remote device?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
rodney
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Is it possible to execute program on remote device?

Post by rodney »

I need to do some embedded development (which I'm new to) for an ARM device. I'm trying to build a program on my x86 Linux machine and run it remotely over SSH on the ARM device. Is this possible with CodeLite?

I understand I can transfer files and mirror a workspace with SFTP, but the device has very limited resources so I simply want to send over the executable, that is run the program on the device as well as remote debug.

Regards
Gibbon1
CodeLite Expert
IDE Question: C++

Re: Is it possible to execute program on remote device?

Post by Gibbon1 »

I think in theory it's possible. I haven't done that in a while. If you go to project settings under workspace view, the debugger tab has a checkbox for remote debugging. If you click on it, there are options for the IP address and port to talk to gdb remotely.

I would attack this by trying to get gdb working manually, then try to get working with codelite.

HTH's
rodney
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Re: Is it possible to execute program on remote device?

Post by rodney »

Gibbon1 wrote:I think in theory it's possible. I haven't done that in a while. If you go to project settings under workspace view, the debugger tab has a checkbox for remote debugging. If you click on it, there are options for the IP address and port to talk to gdb remotely.

I would attack this by trying to get gdb working manually, then try to get working with codelite.

HTH's
Thanks for the response. Say I get it working with remote debugging, how would you go about running the app on that same remote device from CodeLite? ie. How to make it the target device?