General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
codemonster
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

codelite on raspian buster

Post by codemonster »

Hello,
I would be happy if you may answer me two questions with codeliet 12.0.0 on the new raspian buster:

I switched to codelite intern terminal and now I can't undo this because the field is no more changeable. I tried this because I cannot read an error message of an program abort because the message disappears immediately. Now I want to go back to CMD in the hope that it will be better. Is this an error on 12.0.0? How can I go back to CMD? And how can I adjust codelite that the message dont disappears?

Is it possibel / makes it sense to go to Version 14.0.0 on raspian buster?

Thank you
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: codelite on raspian buster

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

It's a CodeLite 12 bug: see this post for a workaround if you don't want to update to 14.0.
Is it possible / make it sense to go to Version 14.0.0 on raspian buster?
I've no Raspian experience, but it's certainly possible on x86 buster so I don't see why not. Try it and see :) .

Regards,

David
codemonster
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by codemonster »

Thanks

Is somewhere a .deb package with 14.0.0 available?
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Probably not, unless any of the results from debian testing (bullseye) are usable on raspian.

The easiest solution would be to build it yourself from the CL 14.0 source. Alternatively, if you particularly need a .deb (for example, if you want to install it on multiple devices), you could install the debian bullseye source package and build from that.