Shortcuts not working in Full Screen mode (Codelite Win 14.0.1)

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
DaHu
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Shortcuts not working in Full Screen mode (Codelite Win 14.0.1)

Post by DaHu »

Hello,

Codelite for Windows is now able to start right into a nice and convenient Full Screen mode (no top menu) if this mode is active when exiting the program (Codelite can be closed in Full Screen mode without non visible File > Exit menu option by using the standard Windows closing shortcut ALT-F4).

Next time Codelite starts it goes into Full Screen (that's ok) but most build and other keyboard shortcuts doesn't work (that's wrong). In that situation if one goes into non Full Screen mode (top menu active), all shortcuts work again.

I'd love to see these shortcuts working again so I beg to get this fixed in the next build.

In addition, and for users not familiar with Codelite keyboard shortcuts and to avoid them to get puzzled by entering Codelite into Full Screen mode (got lost with no menu), I propose to add in the View menu, right under Full Screen... a check option named Remember Full Screen when Codelite close, disabled by default. This way they'll return into a non Full Screen mode Codelite (menu available) when they run it again if they closed the program with ALT-F4. Advanced users can check this option active to start in Full Screen mode everytime Codelite starts.

Excuse me for the long text and thank you in advance.
DH.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Shortcuts not working in Full Screen mode (Codelite Win 14.0.1)

Post by eranif »

There is a bug in wxWidgets that if the MenuBar is not showing, keyboard shortcuts are not working :/
I was not able to workaround that, this is why, for example, 'show menu bar' menu option is disabled for Windows
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
DaHu
CodeLite Curious

Re: Shortcuts not working in Full Screen mode (Codelite Win 14.0.1)

Post by DaHu »

Eranif, that's pretty interesting to know. WX it's a nice gui (I used it in the past), I hope they can fix that in the future in order to overcome the shortcuts downside.

Maybe they face some system limitation too since WX is based on WinApi GUI resources.

Thank you for CodeLite!.