Leaning CodeLite

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
lgrayjr
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Leaning CodeLite

Post by lgrayjr »

I've just installed codelite, i seem to have everything running. I am looking for help with some of the features. For instance, as I am typing code, I get red arrows on the left side suggesting a code issue and that a fix is available. (I am just learning C with C++ to follow so this will happen often.) I can't seem to find out how to use that feature to get either a fix suggestion or whatever it is supposed to do.

I guess my question is if there is something better than the Wiki documentation that will tell me about features and plugins and how to use them?
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Leaning CodeLite

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
I get red arrows on the left side suggesting a code issue and that a fix is available.
IIUC, they are a 'feature' of the Language Server plugin when using a Workspace that's not a 'File System' workspace. AFAIK they don't provide any suggestions for fixes; and anyway, for me, they were all false alarms.

I got rid of them by turning off that plugin: Plugins > Manage plugins, and untick its box.
I guess my question is if there is something better than the Wiki documentation that will tell me about features and plugins and how to use them?
Not really, though searching this forum is a good idea.

Regards,

David
lgrayjr
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Re: Leaning CodeLite

Post by lgrayjr »

Thanks very much! I kind of thought I'd be learning much more than just the language. I'm used to VS2019, but not for c or c++. So far, I'm liking CodeLite over CodeBlocks (which has a lot more issues).