Post by Charles_D_Ward »

Why does it say pane instead of panel? This is a mistake

https://i.postimg.cc/X72MxBBT/pane.png

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Why does it say pane instead of panel? This is a mistake

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

(For future reference, when the pastebin may no longer be available, the image is of the 'View' menu which refers to the 'Output Pane' etc.)

In the real world, a pane is a section of a window. When showing, the 'Output View' and similar become panes of the main window, so I consider it a reasonable use of the word.

A better question is, why does the menu not call them by their current names e.g. View > Output View, Workspace View...

Regards,

David

var_null
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Why does it say pane instead of panel? This is a mistake

Post by var_null »

DavidGH wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi,

(For future reference, when the pastebin may no longer be available, the image is of the 'View' menu which refers to the 'Output Pane' etc.)

In the real world, a pane is a section of a window. When showing, the 'Output View' and similar become panes of the main window, so I consider it a reasonable use of the word.

A better question is, why does the menu not call them by their current names e.g. View > Output View, Workspace View...

Regards,

David

Hello DavidGH, I'm sorry for the late reply

What you said is perfectly reasonable, I don't clearly remember why I thought that it was a mistake, maybe I just don't know english that well, thanks for explaining to me what a pane is