General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
9aaa73f0
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

File tab-group on right hand column

Post by 9aaa73f0 »

Hi all;

Im trying to migrate from Anjuta (because crashes), CodeLite looks pretty nice, looks like i will be able to set it up to my preferences with one exception;

I try to maximise vertical height in the editor pane, so prefer to have the tabs for the list of open files on the right hand column, instead of across the top.

I commonly have lots of files open, a dozen or even up to 50 if i get lazy and don't close them... in my old ide they where on the right column and could be sorted based on last use etc, i think its a tidy way to manage them.

Are there options to do something like this under with CodeLite (under Linux)

Thanks

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: File tab-group on right hand column

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

You don't mention your CodeLite version but, for reasonably recent ones, you can display the tabs on whichever side you wish. See the screenshot.

CodeLiteTabsConfig.png

I commonly have lots of files open, a dozen or even up to 50

An alternative that you might find helpful is the Tabgroups pane in the Workspace View.

Regards,

David

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
9aaa73f0
CodeLite Curious

Post by 9aaa73f0 »

Hi, thanks for your reply;

It wasnt the main toolbar i was looking to move (unless i dont understand something), in BlueFish they call it the Document Tab, the screenshot shows it aligned right, which is what i was trying to do.

(im using v17.0.0 under Debian)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Hi,
For Linux: tab position can only be displayed at the top - if you want this, please submit a feature request on github
@DavidGH I think that you mixed between the toolbar & the tabs ;) and with recent versions, we now also allow to hide it completely (the main toolbar)

Eran

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread