Running perforce via external tools

Post here any ideas/problems/suggestions you have regarding CodeLite's ExternalTools plugin
teknogrebo
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Running perforce via external tools

Post by teknogrebo »

Hi there. We use perforce were I work, and as there is no perforce plugin for Codelite that I've found, and I can't find any documentation for writing a plugin (but that's another question for another sub-forum), I thought I would just add a little functionality by calling p4 from the command line. I can't find any documentation for what macros can be used in the arguments option. All I need at the moment is to get the full path to the current activated file. I found $(CurrentFileName) in another post on these forums, but that just returns the filename without the path or extension. Could somebody please direct me to any documentation about these macros, or, at the very least, tell me which one I need.

TIA,

Tom
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Running perforce via external tools

Post by eranif »

To get you started with a plugin skeleton, check this document: http://codelite.org/Developers/CreatePlugin

To get list of macros, available to the "External Tools" plugins, go to:

Plugins->External Tools->configure external tools

Click on the "New" button, when the dialog pops, click the "Help" button it will give you this dialog:
1.png
TIP: you can right click on a macro name to copy its name

Eran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
teknogrebo
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Re: Running perforce via external tools

Post by teknogrebo »

Well that was embarrassingly simple. Thank you. I have no idea why I didn't spot the help button :)