SDL2

Post here any ideas/problems/suggestions you have regarding CodeLite's ExternalTools plugin
greertr
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

SDL2

Post by greertr »

I'm needing to add SDL2 to Code-Lite so that I can finish up a C++ course I'm taking online.

Is there any instruction on how to go about adding external libraries to Code-Lite?

Any help on this is appreciated.

I've already placed the dll file in my mingw bin folder and the include and lib folder contents are copied into the mingw structure, but I'm not sure about setting environment variables for the compiler using code-lite.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: SDL2

Post by eranif »

You should not mix your own DLLs (i.e. SDL ) with the installation of MinGW.

You should edit the project settings for this:
Right click on the project icon and select 'Settings->Compiler->Include paths' and set there the path to the .h files
Right click on the project icon and select 'Settings->Linker->Libraries Search Paths' and set there the path to the .dll/.a files
Right click on the project icon and select 'Settings->Linker->Libraries' and set there the *name* of the .dll/.a files
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
greertr
CodeLite Curious

Post by greertr »

thanks a lot, Eran...i had been looking for settings on the top main menu.

By "names" for the libraries, do you mean this? ... -lmingw64;-lSDL2main;-lSDL2

[edit/update]
SDL2main; SDL2 seems to work - just have one error left, an undefined reference to winmain - maybe because i'm running the example on a console project?

again, thx!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Just the name
e.g. "SDL2"

The "-l" will be added by CodeLite
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
greertr
CodeLite Curious

Post by greertr »

Thx -- I did finally get SDL2 working. IIn additon to following your guidance to the letter, I had to add and include for windows.h and change the int main as indicated by the attached image. Doing it this way worked with no further erros.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.