Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Tweaking Form Design

Post by ColleenKobe »

Hi! I'm trying to re-create the form below using wxCrafter in CodeLite:
Forms--Initial Screen--No Connection.jpg
So far, I've gotten my form to look like this:
MainPage.jpg
I'm using BoxSizers, GridSizers, and StaticBoxSizers to format my form.

If you compare the two images, you can see that the controls are much closer together in the original form, making the form more compact.

My questions.

1. I'm having a little trouble getting my controls to be closer together. Examples would be the extra space around the Arm DigFV, Acquire, Instant, etc, fields. These controls are in a 2 column by 3 row wxGridSizer sizer. I've set every wxExpand flag I see to False, I've set every Proportion to 0, and every Minimum Size to -1,-1, and yet, here the image sits. What can I do to get the controls closer together?

2. In the wxGrid on the right side with "PA" and "Freq" column labels, how can I add a label to the first column? I want to insert the word "Channel" there, and delete the "CH" at the beginning of each row beneath it.

Thank you!
Colleen

------------------
Software Versions:
------------------
CodeLite: 9.1.5
tdm-gcc: 5.1.0.3
Windows 7: 6.1
wxCrafter: 2.5
wxWidgets: 3.1.0

Target platform: 32-bit
Target build: debug
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Tweaking Form Design

Post by eranif »

* Try playing with the 'Border Size' property of the *Sizer controls.
* Use wxFlexGridSizer instead of wxGridSizer
* Your original screenshot does not uses manifest file, so it still uses the old Windows classic theme which had a a more "tight" packing

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert

Re: Tweaking Form Design

Post by ColleenKobe »

eranif wrote:* Try playing with the 'Border Size' property of the *Sizer controls.
* Use wxFlexGridSizer instead of wxGridSizer
* Your original screenshot does not uses manifest file, so it still uses the old Windows classic theme which had a a more "tight" packing

Eran
Thank you, Eran! Using wxFlexGridSizer brought the controls closer together, like I wanted. :-D

Blessings upon you for your hard work and your kind suggestions to us newbies. :-)

Colleen