How to Add a wxMenuBar to a Form?

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

How to Add a wxMenuBar to a Form?

Post by ColleenKobe »

I'm using wxCrafter to create a workspace with two forms. I would like to have a menu bar on both forms. wxCrafter automatically put a menu bar on the first form for me. In CodeLite (version 11.0.7), the Workspace View, the wxCrafter tab, and after expanding the entire menu: m_Menubar appears directly below "MainFrameBaseClass." Not inside a sizer.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to add a menu bar on the second form.

Here are three ways I tried to add a menu bar to the second form.

1. In CodeLite, I clicked the wxCrafter tab. I highlighted the form name. I looked at the Designer pane and clicked on the Menu/Toolbar tab. The menu bar icon is disabled.

2. In CodeLite, I clicked the wxCrafter tab. I RIGHT-CLICKED the form name. Thirteen options appeared, starting with "Generate Code," "Add wxTimer," and "Add wxTaskBarIcon." None mentioned a wxMenuBar.

3. In CodeLite, I clicked the wxCrafter tab. I highlighted the form name. I right-clicked the first item under the form name, which was a boxSizer. I went through the items in the pop-up box, hoping to find "wxMenuBar." I did not find anything about wxMenuBar.

Suggestions on how to add a menu bar to the second form?

Thanks!

Colleen
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: How to Add a wxMenuBar to a Form?

Post by eranif »

In the wxCrafter tree view, select the Frame top level (only frame forms can have menu bar in wxCrafter)
Next, In the designer, select the tab "Menu / ToolBar" and click on the wxMenuBar
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread