Can't enter a virtual folder

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Can't enter a virtual folder

Post by ColleenKobe »

Hi. I'm trying to create a "Please wait" pop-up window that will be displayed while a procedure runs, and then go away. I'm following the directions on https://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?t=28501.

I have created a workspace, and I created a project in the workspace. The simple program just displays a couple of controls (two buttons and a checkbox), and displays a wxMessageBox when the controls are clicked. It runs fine.

To create the pop-up, I am using wxCrafter's "Create new wxCrafter Form" wizard. I right-clicked on the workspace name and clicked Add Form, and then New wxDialog. I selected the Form Type wxDialog, set the form title "Please Wait", and clicked Next.

On the next form, I specified the values in the following fields:

Base class name: Pop_up_Base_Class
Derived class name: Pop_up_Class
Derived class file name: Pop_up_Class

Here's the problem: I cannot get the Virtual Folder field to accept a value.

Initially, the Virtual Folder text box has a white background. If I click on the Browse button and then select Main from the Virtual Director Selector, the OK button is grayed. So I expand Main and select src, and the OK button is enabled again. I select OK, but the Virtual Folder field on the preceding pane is still empty. The Virtual Folder text box background is now the same color as the rest of the pane. I don't know if that means anything, but I thought I'd mention it.

I have also tried to make new directories, but they never make it back to the Virtual Folder field, either. The Virtual Folder field is always empty on return, and there's never an error message displayed.

What am I doing wrong?

To solve the problem, I looked on the wxCrafter forum. I came across this post https://forums.codelite.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3901 but that person's problem isn't my problem. I do have a workspace and project already.

wxCrafter: v-2.9, build 2.9
CodeLite: v12.0.10

Could this be related to my wxCrafter license? I had paid for a license for both wxCrafter and CodeLite on my previous computer. But then I had to change computers and whatever information I needed for entering my serial number on the About wxCrafter page got lost. Is there a way I can get the license info back, so I can tell these versions on my my current computer that they are registered?

Colleen
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Can't enter a virtual folder

Post by eranif »

Its not related to your license.
It's a bug which was fixed in git master
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert

Post by ColleenKobe »

Thanks for replying.

What is git master?

How do I get rid of the bug that's stopping me from moving forward?

Colleen
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

git master is the current development tree.
The fix is not yet available in binary form.

Your options atm:

1. Downgrade back to CodeLite 12.0 where the bug does not exist there
2. Build CodeLite from sources and have the fix
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert

Post by ColleenKobe »

I'll revert for now. Thank you!!

Colleen