CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

This forum is for the weekly builds only.
geedee
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by geedee »

Hi,
Firstly, thank you for the fantastic cross platform IDE, and for all the hard work that is put into making it even better!
I may have found a bug in the OSX version of Codelite v9.1.5 weekly build.

Environment details are as below.
Codelite version 9.1.5 weekly build downloaded from official site.
Default compiler installed with Xcode.
e.g. Apple LLVM clang-703.0.29

If I use 9.1.5, once it is installed, I cannot "Add Compilers" (Settings->Build Settings). If I click on the "Add Compilers" button, _all_ the choices ("Add an existing compiler" or "Clone a compiler" or "Scan computer for installed compilers") are greyed out, unselectable.
The installation location for Codelite is in the system wide "/Applications" folder.
I have also tested it when it is installed in the current users "/Users/(username)/Applications" folder, with exactly the same results.

I then completely removed version 9.1.5 and proceeded to install 9.1.0 (stable). This version works perfectly. I tested it by installing it first the system wide "/Applications" folder. I then uninstalled it and then installed 9.1.0 (stable) in the current users "/Users/(username)/Applications" folder. This also worked perfectly.

Once again, I removed codelite 9.1.0 (stable) and installed 9.1.5 (weekly) to see if perhaps it might now work correctly. It does not. The "Add Compilers" button is still "greyed" out, and all the buttons sub-options are also "greyed" out and unselectable.
I did search the forums first to see if this was a known "bug", with no results. I hope I am not wasting your time, but I have tried to exclude "user error" :)

For screenshots, please see attached zip file.
Many thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

I am afraid that this a new bug introduced in wxWidgets 3.1
See the wx tracker:
http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/17459

I can only workaround this by removing the popup menu and use a toolbar instead
Can you please report this a bug on CodeLite's issue tracker? https://github.com/eranif/codelite/issues/new
Also, please link it to a similar bug #1212 (by adding the text #1212 to the description of your bug)

Thanks
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

eranif wrote:I can only workaround this by removing the popup menu and use a toolbar instead
Can you please report this a bug on CodeLite's issue tracker? https://github.com/eranif/codelite/issues/new
Also, please link it to a similar bug #1212 (by adding the text #1212 to the description of your bug)
FYI: I fixed the Find In Files bug and I will probably will apply a similar workaround for the compiler bug

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread