Multiple Search Tab

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
robik
CodeLite Curious

Re: Multiple Search Tab

Post by robik »

xboxp wrote:wow, that was a fast reply. Thanks!!

Yeah, I do agree that it does take up too much screen. Maybe you can set so that two contain can be set on left or right side. Meaning splitting the current container, you can split into two. Where the "Workspace" can be on top, and the "Outline" display at the bottom. It'll be nice to be able to see both the "Workspace" and the "Outline" on one screen.

Again, Thanks!!
I couldnt find any reference to above question.
Is it possible to add "outline"tab so the user may locate it in some place in screen, and won't have to close it in order to work with code.
I mean is it possible to add such tab, so we can place it in right side of screen like the default menu from left side.

One more question, in source insight they have nice feature that in bottom indow you can preview function/variable to which your cursor is pointing.
Is it possible to implement it here?

P.S Very good program, i realy liked it, most of usefull features are in, integration with SVN (that realy cool) and i still didnt try to use external makefile, but i saw that this is possible. Great Work!!!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Multiple Search Tab

Post by eranif »

robik wrote:Is it possible to add "outline"tab so the user may locate it in some place in screen, and won't have to close it in order to work with code.
There is already an "Outline" tab in the right pane. What you really want is the ability to un-dock it and place it to the right

CodeLite offers many useful ways to navigate through source code, for example, the one I find extremely useful is the "Open resource", Ctrl+Shift+R, once you get used to it, believe me you will never use the "File View" again -> so you can keep the "Outline" tab active.
robik wrote:One more question, in source insight they have nice feature that in bottom indow you can preview function/variable to which your cursor is pointing.
Is it possible to implement it here?
Actually, a colleague of mine already bit you on that one ;) . This is possible to add and actually very easy to do. The best way to assure that it will be considered in the next build, is to submit a feature request here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=97 ... unc=browse
robik wrote:P.S Very good program, i realy liked it, most of usefull features are in, integration with SVN (that realy cool)
Thanks. Notice that the "Svn" menu on the "Workspace" tab, contains only the common Svn commands, more options are available under the "Explorer" tab (things like "cleanup", "create change log" and other)
robik wrote:i still didnt try to use external makefile, but i saw that this is possible. Great Work!!!
Using external makefile is even more easy than using the built-in makefile generator (codelite itself, generates makefiles and then run them) - I myself am working (at work) with Qmake & makefile & CodeLite.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread