Building default project errors

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
redixe
CodeLite Curious

Building default project errors

Post by redixe »

First off, Hi! I'm new to developing on Linux so this is all kind of new to me. I followed the guide and got most of the things working I believe. I am trying to create wxWidgets but I am now stuck with this error:
Building: "/usr/bin/make" -j 2 -f "wxTest_wsp.mk" type=Debug
----------Building project:[ wxHelloWorld - DebugUnicode ]----------
*** Error: Unrecognised option: '--rcflags'
Use wx-config --help for information on command line options.
Warning: No config found to match: /usr/local/bin/wx-config --debug=yes --libs --unicode=yes
in /usr/local/lib/wx/config
If you require this configuration, please install the desired
library build. If this is part of an automated configuration
test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.
You may use wx-config --list to see all configs available in
the default prefix.
g++ -o ./DebugUnicode/wxHelloWorld ./DebugUnicode/wxhelloworld_app.o ./DebugUnicode/wxhelloworld_frame.o -O2
./DebugUnicode/wxhelloworld_app.o: In function `WxhelloworldApp::OnInit()':
/home/steven/.codelite/wxTest/wxhelloworld_app.cpp:20: undefined reference to `wxSystemOptions::SetOption(wxString const&, int)'
98 errors in total (most are undefined reference errors). I created a workspace, created wxWidget project, opened the src->xxx_frame.ccp file and hit build. I had some previous errors but I believe I got them sorted out. Please take it easy on me and I hope this is something simple to fix :P. Ubuntu8.04 (fresh install) and I followed the steps from here: http://codelite.org/LiteEditor/Download (Linux section) Everything compiled fine. I just want a blank frame to stare at in awww. :'(
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Building default project errors

Post by eranif »

There are 2 problems here:

*** Error: Unrecognised option: '--rcflags'
this one is an error which is simple to fix created by codelite. To fix this one:
Right click on the project icon in the tree view, and select 'Settings...'
In the dialog that opened, select the 'Resource' tab, and then check 'Resource is not required for this project'

2. The second problem here:
redixe wrote:Warning: No config found to match: /usr/local/bin/wx-config --debug=yes --libs --unicode=yes
You are trying to build 'Debug' version of wx, but you dont have it installed on your machine

You need to install wx debug version:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libwxgtk2.8-dbg
Once installed, try it again.

Another possible option is to build the release configuration instead of the debug one.
- Open 'Build -> Cofiguration manager...'
- In the dialog that just opened, you should have 'Workspace Configuration' drop down and another drop down with the project name.
- In the 'Workspace Configuration' drop down, select 'New' and create new configuration and named it 'Release', click OK now you should see it in the
drop down. Select it.
- Select the "Release' in the Workspace Configuration, and in the bottom drop down select 'ReleaseUnicode'
- Click OK
And try to build again

have a look at this tutorial:
http://codelite.org/docs/VideoTutorials/wxConsole.html

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
redixe
CodeLite Curious

Re: Building default project errors

Post by redixe »

Thank you! I had a feeling I was missing something kind of basic. :D