CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
nanyghost1999
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Why can't i see the string value in Local debug panel

Post by nanyghost1999 »

I'm having trouble with debugger
it does not showing me the strings names in the Local (i marked a red circle in the image)
i don't know why it is showing me like that {..}, the tutor guy from Udemy had the string name in the Local when he debugged the code
but for me the string name is not appearing (in the red marked area), its just showing me this {...}
Please Help!
Also when i try to see the 'names' in the Local variables while debugging, its just completely disappearing
i refreshed it and tried to see the 'names' again and its just keep disappearing again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Why can't i see the string value in Local debug panel

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
for me the string name is not appearing (in the red marked area), its just showing me this {...}
Try clicking the '>' in the front of '>name'. I think you'll find that the string name appears.
Also when i try to see the 'names' in the Local variables while debugging, its just completely disappearing
i refreshed it and tried to see the 'names' again and its just keep disappearing again.
Is that different from the first question?

Regards,

David
nanyghost1999
CodeLite Curious

Post by nanyghost1999 »

the light theme one is tutors code..
dark theme is my code..
I clicked '>' and tried to find it everywhere but couldn't find it.
My tutor has the string name appeared in his debug panel local variables
but for me the string is not appearing...its just blank
tutor video is from 2014 i think and the codelite version he using is probably 2014
i had latest version of codelite
do I have to uninstall codelite completely and reinstall it?
i couldn't find the string name anywhere in the debug panel local variables....i clicked all the '>' and still couldn't find it
sorry my english is bad.....but this is a huge problem for me......i had a lot of pendings because of this problem
i hope i'll get a solution soon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nanyghost1999
CodeLite Curious

Post by nanyghost1999 »

Is that different from the first question?
YES, this problem is different
when i tried to click '>' in front of 'player_vec'. the entire local variables are disappearing and i tried to refresh it and chicked '>' again in front of 'player_vec'. same as before everything is disappearing.
This is only happening for vector objects or variables of vector class.
the tutor guy(light theme one) clicked '>' and it showed the elements in it. but for me when i tried to click '>' for a vector variable, every variables that are displaying in Local are disappearing and when i refresh they are appearing again.
i tried to click '>' player_vec again, same as before DISAPPEARING. can't see the elements in the vector object 'player_vec'.
i send my source code 'report.cpp' file.....there is nothing wrong with my code
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Thank you, I understand better now.

I see that you are using Windows; I use Linux, so what I'm about to say may not apply to you. However:
I wonder if you are missing the libstdcxx pretty printer. See for example https://github.com/eranif/codelite/issues/524.
Look in Settings > GDB settings: Startup Commands. It should include:

Code: Select all

from libstdcxx.v6.printers import register_libstdcxx_printers
register_libstdcxx_printers (None)
If it doesn't, add those lines.

Then check that you do have libstdcxx.v6.printers installed, and install them if necessary. I can't help you there, but maybe google can ;) .