Codelite, wxWidget and wxFormBuilder???

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
emn
CodeLite Curious

Codelite, wxWidget and wxFormBuilder???

Post by emn »

HI,

I'm new to CodeLite and I'm impressed by it. Congratulations.

I have a (dummy?) question: After creating a workspace ('ws_test') and a wxWidget project (test_prj)
(with the 'new wxWidget project' toolbar button), how can I open the generated 'test_prj_frame.cpp'
in wxFormBuilder?

Thanks,

emn.

PS: If this message was posted twice, sorry. It seems that the first 'post' done nothing...
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Re: Codelite, wxWidget and wxFormBuilder???

Post by marfi »

Hi,
there is a nice video tutorial in a documentation section of CodeLite home page. See this link: http://codelite.org/docs/VideoTutorials ... lugin.html

Of course, the mentioned screencast shows only basics. It supposes you are familiar with code generation approach implemented in wxFormBuilder.

M.
emn
CodeLite Curious

Post by emn »

Hi marfi,

Yeah, I saw that video.

I think that, because English isn't my natural language, I haven't explained my doubt very well.
Lets try again.
When I create the environment described in the previous post, I get the following files:
test_prj.project
test_prj_app.cpp (and .h)
test_prj_frame.cpp (and .h) and
ws_test ( .tags and .workspace )

right?

As far I can see, the only way to use above project with wxFromBuilder is 'right clicking' on workspace
tab and in the opened menu choose 'wxFormBuilder >' getting the options 'New wxDialog...', 'New wxDialog
with Default Buttons...', 'New wxFrame...' and 'New wxPanel...', ok?

Well, I don't want 'New' things, I just want to use the already crerated 'test_prj_frame' stuff.

Is that clear? Sorry it's hardy to me explain it better.

Thanks.
emn
CodeLite Curious

Post by emn »

HI,

only to to complet my thoughts, the real question is: How can I get
a wxFormBuilder project from the files just created?

thanks.
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Post by marfi »

You cannot open generated code files directly in wxFormBuilder; wxFB can read only its project files (*.fbp) or import XRC files (I guess...). But, one wxFB project can contain several dialogs, frames, panels, menus, etc... Note that a source code for all this GUI components is generated into a single file specified in the wxFB project. For implementation of event handlers declared in wxFB you must to create new code file and to use generated classes as bases of new classes containing implementation of generated virtual event handlers.

So, if you want to modify existing wxFB project (GUI component(s)) then just right click the wxFB project file (*.fbp) located somewhere in a Workspace tree view and select "Open with wxFormBuilder..." from context menu.

Regards
M.
emn
CodeLite Curious

Post by emn »

HI,

Yes, I just realized that.
Thanks for your kindness.

Best regards.