Installing latest Codelite 14.0.4, wxWidgets 3.1.4 and MingW 8.1.0

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
luc0x61
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Installing latest Codelite 14.0.4, wxWidgets 3.1.4 and MingW 8.1.0

Post by luc0x61 »

Running on Windows, I'm having troubles installing the tools in the subject and looking for answers in forums I only find totally similar and unresolved issues.
It looks like everything is around wx-config, because after I've done all that it's clearly needed still it can't find wxWidgets.
Then I
  • Installed MingW64 gcc 8.10
  • Created a C:\wx where I copied wxWidgets 3.1.4 directories - Note that this point may be the culprit
  • Installed Codelite
  • Set the environment variables WXWIN and WXCFG
  • Created a silly wxWidgets project
Note also that I had to rename the directory "gcc810_x64_dll" in "gcc_810_x64_dll" as otherwise it can't be find.

Now, starting the build I get an error line

Code: Select all

C:/develop/mingw-w64/x86_64-8.1.0-win32-seh-rt_v6-rev0/mingw64/bin/windres.exe -i "C:/.../wtest/win_resources.rc" wx-config Error: Unable to open file 'C:/wx/build/msw/config.gcc'. --use-temp-file --define __WXMSW__ --define __WXDEBUG__ --define _UNICODE --include-dir C:/wx/lib/gcc_dll/mswud --include-dir C:/wx/include --define WXUSINGDLL    -o ../build-Debug/wtest/win_resources.rc.o
That's understandable: as I have no file 'C:/wx/build/msw/config.gcc'
This file isn't in any distributed wxWidgets 3.1.4 binary file... or am I wrong?
I understand then that re-compiling wxWidgets from sources could fix everything, but this means that can't be installed from binary distribution files for development on Codelite... is it?

EDIT:
I forgot to tell that the missing file is verified also from a command shell invoked from workspace, that is:

Code: Select all

C:\...\wtest>wx-config --version
wx-config Error: Unable to open file 'C:/wx/build/msw/config.gcc'.
Luca