Codelite failed to build/run any project

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
rajin100000
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Codelite failed to build/run any project

Post by rajin100000 »

I am new to CodeLite and I started learning C++ in Udemy. In this course, I knew that to build a project, I need to go to Build > clean project, then I need to run the program and there will be an option that Build and execute, and I need to click it. But when I click "Build and execute" it just appeared and disappeared. I check the settings and it was okay. Check this image if unsure.
And always my Avast antivirus says that "make****(four random digits) wants to change or delete Test1 in your protected Downloads folder" and my Project name is Test1.
The location of the project is "C:\Users\User\Downloads\programming\Program1\Cplusplus\Beginning-Cplusplus-programming\Beginning-Cplusplus-programming\CPPWorkspace" and I didn't find the executable file in the "C:\Users\User\Downloads\programming\Program1\Cplusplus\Beginning-Cplusplus-programming\Beginning-Cplusplus-programming\CPPWorkspace\Test1\Debug" directory.
Here is what is saw after building and executing the project
Operating system: Windows 7 32 bit
GCC compiler: GCC 11 from Winlibs.com

rajin100000
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Codelite failed to build/run any project

Post by rajin100000 »

I think it was my antivirus issue. Because when I turned off my antivirus, everything goes well. But is codelite safe and doesn't contain virus? Because my antivirus stopped it.

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Codelite failed to build/run any project

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

I think it was my antivirus issue. Because when I turned off my antivirus, everything goes well.

Good catch. If you search this forum, you will find other reports of antivirus false-alarms.

But is codelite safe and doesn't contain virus?

Yes, it's safe. You can tell because it's open-source: you/everyone can see all the code and check it for anything nasty; and can build CodeLite for themselves.

Regards,

David