Codelite Can't Find Files when Building Project, but CAN when Building Workspace

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
RexBlade6502
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Codelite Can't Find Files when Building Project, but CAN when Building Workspace

Post by RexBlade6502 »

Codelite Experts,

Hopefully you can help. I have been using Codelite for about a year, I have it installed on 4 Windows 7/10 machines and over a network to a remote PC. But, all of a sudden one installation (my work computer) is having a problem.

When I Build PROJECT with the simplest Hello World program, the IDE can't seem to find the main.cpp file, even though its RIGHT THERE and I am looking at it in the folder. HOWEVER, if I build WORKSPACE then the IDE finds the file just fine, compiles, and builds the .exe.

I have installed this tool dozens of times over the last year, installed mingw, etc. setup the tool, all countless time, etc. this is really weird, happened after I hadn't played with the tool for a few weeks on the machine.

I tried uninstalling it, purging EVERYthing from windows folders and registry, and re-installing, rebooting. I have done the process 3 times now, and keeps doing the same thing. On my other 3 machines, it works as you would expect, I can build EITHER the Project or the Workspace (which only has one Project in this case) and it works fine on all other installation, which I have done them all the same way, and the only difference here is TIME went by, a few weeks since I fired it up.

It's driving me nuts. I have attached the two screen shots of the Project Build and the Workspace Build, and you can see the same file/path in one case the IDE can find it, but in the other it can't even though its right there and I am staring at the folder and file!

Attached screen shots for reference -- thanks in advance.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Codelite Can't Find Files when Building Project, but CAN when Building Workspace

Post by eranif »

Can you upload the Makefiles generated by CodeLite? (the .mk files and the main Makefile at the workspace folder)

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread