Codelite 16.0.0 works bad on LinuxMint 21

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
micklecat
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: all

Codelite 16.0.0 works bad on LinuxMint 21

Post by micklecat »

I've upgraded Codelite from 14.0 to 16.0.0 on LinuxMint 21 (Cinnamon) and got completely dIsappointed.
1) Parse workspace doesn't work at all. It doesn't matter whether it is an old workspace from vCodelite v14, or a new one created from scratch and populated with project files (a big project, 5000 files). V14 hadn't problems with this.
2) "Goto definition/declaration" disappeared. Nothing is present in context menu to do this. A bit strange because it is one of the most often used IDE functions. "Find symbol", available from menu. doesn't work at all.
3) Creating user tools (custom commands with custom icons) is not possible anymore. Codelite v14 allowed only 10 tools, I hoped that new version will allow 20-30, got 0 instead.

eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Codelite 16.0.0 works bad on LinuxMint 21

Post by eranif »

• Ensure that the plugin Language Server is installed and configured properly - a lot have changed since v14

• Find symbol should be working as a replacement - if does both functionalities, when standing on the declaration it will take you to the implementation and vise versa. In any other location, it will take you to the definition

• I am pretty sure that we did not modify anything in the external tools, I need to check this

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
andlau
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: php

Post by andlau »

Hi,

I am running on Linux Mint 21 as well and found, that the clangd needs to be installed additionally to the clang-tools.
However, I agree that you need to get used to the "Fund symbol" functionality. I discovered, that jumping to the declaration (header file) is more reliable if you do not select the complete function name, just place the cursor somewhere in the function.

What I am missing though, is the refactoring of symbols has disappeared, e.g. you rename the function in the header file and all references are updated as well. Has this function disappeared or been moved?

Best regards

eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

this functionality (the refactoring) was not reliable. I am planning on integrating the "Rename" functionality from the Language Server Plugin
https://microsoft.github.io/language-se ... ent_rename

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread