Codelite 17.1.0 questions

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
iwbnwif
CodeLite Veteran
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Codelite 17.1.0 questions

Post by iwbnwif »

Hi, I have recently upgraded from 15.0.10 to 17.1.0 on Windows 11 and have a few questions that I would be grateful for any help with:

1. I am working normally with Windows in 'light' mode, but prefer to have Codelite in dark mode when editing. 'Force dark' works perfectly for this, but is there any control over the colours used for the UI? At the moment, they seem really dark compared to "Atom One Dark" that I use for the editor.

2. The Outline tab and 'Find symbol' option from the context menu seems to have stopped working. I have looked at the plugin and code completion settings, and tried 'Parse Workspace', but there doesn't seem to be any change. It has been a while since I had problems with this, is there anything I should check?

3. Is it possible to change the toolbar icon size? I am using a 4k monitor and they are a bit too small.

4. Is it possible to put both the toolbars on one line?

5. I have changed the space between button groups on the Misc tab of the settings page, but this does not seem to be applied to the toolbars following a restart (even though the setting is correct).

Many thanks for any assistance!

eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Codelite 17.1.0 questions

Post by eranif »

1. I am using the native Windows dark mode - this is how it looks on Windows
  2. The outline is working, it just needs a little "push" -> do Ctrl-Shift-O to cache the symbols and it will re-work. This was already reported and fixed in github master
  3. No.
  4. There are 2 toolbars now: plugins & CodeLite. The plugins is always placed at the top, while the core toolbar is placed on the left (by default) but this can be changed from the view menu
  5. The space only works for the plugins toolbar, not the native toolbar (where this is not supported by wxWidgets)
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
iwbnwif
CodeLite Veteran
IDE Question: c++

Re: Codelite 17.1.0 questions

Post by iwbnwif »

Thank you for the answers.

The outline is working, it just needs a little "push" -> do Ctrl-Shift-O to cache the symbols and it will re-work. This was already reported and fixed in github master

Thanks, works perfectly :)

Code: Select all

The space only works for the plugins toolbar, not the native toolbar (where this is not supported by wxWidgets)

Yes, it is the plugins toolbar that I have the problem with.
Steps to reproduce:

1. From the menu Settings->Preferences->Misc tab set "Space between button groups" to 0 and press Apply.
  2. Space is now 0 between button groups on the plugins toolbar.
  3. Restart Codelite.
  4. Space is now +10 or more between button groups on the plugins toolbar.
  5. On the menu Settings->Preferences->Misc tab, space is correctly set to 0, but not applied following a restart.