how to "Enable remote development" not clickable, despite remote Quick Debug & sFTP works well

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Modem Man
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

how to "Enable remote development" not clickable, despite remote Quick Debug & sFTP works well

Post by Modem Man »

Dear,

how can I select the "Enable remote development" checkbox in Codelite (see picture below)?

Codelite 16.0.0 is running in Win10, sFTP & SSH plugin works like a charm for Codelite-Workspace loading as well as for editing the source code on the target.
The project is a "remote workspace", located on headless Raspberry Pi3.
The ssh client is installed with non-password key, exatly as written in the Wiki page (but in addition with fixed permissions ;) ).
My program itself is just some c++ files and a gnu Makefile.

To be noted:
I could not "create" a remote Codelite-Project and not attach it to the Codelite-Workspace.
It is just a remote filesystem workspace via SSH.
So I only have the "Workspace settings" -> Build, Debug, .." where I was setting "make", "make clean", "gdb" and program arguments.

Yes I can build + build clean via context menu of the Workspace tree node.
Yes I can "Quick Debug" via the Debug menu and do F10, F11, SHFT-F5, Auto Variables and the stuff. Only missing the console output of my program (other story).

The problem I am facing:
I can not click the "Enable remote development" checkbox, see attached picture:

CodeLite_EnableRemoteDevelopment_does_not.png

So finally my question is: how could select this?
How could I have a "remote compiling and debugging" Codelite-Projects inside a Codelite-Workspace, with smooth integration of Debug, with looking and feeling like a local workspace?

And as a side question: how could I keep my Desktop project source code folder in sync with the remote one? The only local source mirroring copy is deep inside %APPDATA%\Codelite\SFTP\...\192.168.xx.yy\...\home\moma\proj\... which not very convinient for me (can make a junction to my usual codes folder, but with every IP address reassignment the link is stale).

Please tell me, if my questions and problem description was clear enough.

Any help is highly appreciated!
Thank you for taking time and read my long text,

Modem-Man

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: how to "Enable remote development" not clickable, despite remote Quick Debug & sFTP works well

Post by eranif »

if the workspace is opened remotely - then you don't need this and this is why its disabled.
this feature is only enabled when you are working locally and want CodeLite to sync files to a remote machine.

however, if you are using the Remoty plugin - then this is not needed at all, since the everything is done remotely

Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Modem Man
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: how to "Enable remote development" not clickable, despite remote Quick Debug & sFTP works well

Post by Modem Man »

eranif wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:27 pm

if the workspace is opened remotely - then you don't need this and this is why its disabled.

got it, thank you for answering.