Problems with sub directories

Post here any ideas/problems/suggestions you have regarding CodeLite's Subversion (SVN) plugin
OLiverr
CodeLite Enthusiast

Problems with sub directories

Post by OLiverr »

Hello again, ;)

I have some problems with the svn Plugin. My source files are in a different directory as my project file and workspace file. If a make changes to a source file, the appoppriate svn icon is updated properly but when I make a commit either on the whole workspace or on the project which contains that file it don't want to commit the changed file (probably because it's in a different directory). Futhermore when I make changes to a project file of another subproject (i.e. to the project file itself), and make a commit on this project, it recognizes the changes but when I want to commit the whole workspace, it doesn't commit that sub project file.

Oliver
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Problems with sub directories

Post by eranif »

The design of the SVN plugin (when used from the 'Workspace view') is based on the location of the .project files.

If your workspace has a non standard structure, then the best solution is to use the SVN options from the 'explorer' tab

You can right click on the 'Explorer' tab and select 'Detach' and place it somewhere (under the 'Workspace' tab?) for more convenience access to it.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
OLiverr
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by OLiverr »

When I try a commit on my main trunk directory Codelite always just closes (crashes?) with the message "Aborted" in the console (Ubuntu 9.04).

To my mind it would be more logical if the svn workspace/project - stuff is really based on the workspace/project files and not on the workspace/project-directory. I don't know any standard to place project files in the same directory as the source files but that's just my personal opinion. ;)
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

OLiverr wrote:When I try a commit on my main trunk directory Codelite always just closes (crashes?)
Are you using your own compiled version of codelite ?
1) If you are using the binaries provided by me, then run codelite under gdb? (gdb /usr/bin/codelite) and provide here the stack trace for the crash?
2) If you are using a self compiled binary, please re-compile it with 'make clean' followed by 'make'
OLiverr wrote:I don't know any standard to place project files in the same directory as the source files
This is the default behavior for codelite, when creating an project from the existing templates

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread