Import cscope.out

Post here any ideas/problems/suggestions you have regarding CodeLite's CScope plugin
john3909
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Import cscope.out

Post by john3909 »

I work with the Linux Kernel source. Trying to parse the complete kernel with CodeLite is just too painful and my machine with 2GB of Ram eventually grinds to a halt when it runs out of memory. I'm using Ubuntu 9.04. I can generate either ctags, etags or cscope database for the Linux kernel by doing something like:
make tags, make TAGS or make cscope. In either case, a complete database is generated in just a few minutes.

It would be helpful if I could just import one of these databases rather than waiting hours for CodeLite to parse the Linux Kernel source.

Also, I would like to see a folder exclude feature when importing the Linux Kernel. Clearly there are several architectures that can be excluded, reducing the number of files imported from 30K to less than 20K.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Import cscope.out

Post by eranif »

john3909 wrote:I work with the Linux Kernel source. Trying to parse the complete kernel with CodeLite is just too painful and my machine with 2GB of Ram eventually grinds to a halt when it runs out of memory. I'm using Ubuntu 9.04. I can generate either ctags, etags or cscope database for the Linux kernel by doing something like:
make tags, make TAGS or make cscope. In either case, a complete database is generated in just a few minutes.

It would be helpful if I could just import one of these databases rather than waiting hours for CodeLite to parse the Linux Kernel source.

Also, I would like to see a folder exclude feature when importing the Linux Kernel. Clearly there are several architectures that can be excluded, reducing the number of files imported from 30K to less than 20K.
Hi John,

I will download the kernel sources and will try to import them myself to see where the problem lies. From your description, if ctags can do it in a few minutes, codelite should be able to do it as well in several minutes - I suspect that its the XML problem rather than the parsing, but I will have to see it.

Also please open a feature request at SF for this ability (exclude directories)
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=ad ... tid=979963

Eram
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread