thanks, problem solved
jfouche
CodeLite Guru
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: codelite 4.1 is available

Post by jfouche »

eranif wrote:
jfouche wrote:You should have mentioned in bold that a new plugin is available : wxCrafter
If you have any feedback about it, please let me know.
Hi Eran,

I didn't had time to download it at home before you removed wxCrafter from installer (I downloaded it at work). And, as I'm in vacation for 1 week, I'll not be able to test it during my free time.
frank_frl wrote:I also like the idea to keep all the base code in one module, this make the GUI stuff much clearer
Hi Frank,

I'm not sure this part is so good. I'm wondering if this not time consuming for compilation when you have a lot of UI designed with wxCrafter. I'm thinking about a update in 1 UI panel (far example) which gives a lot of files recompiled. Think about LiteEditor project : If one want to add a control (1 wxChoice on the ProjectSettingsDlg for example ;) ), it will result in a huge compilation time. This might be painfull IMHO.

But maybe Eran have the good answer for this point...
Jérémie
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

jfouche wrote:But maybe Eran have the good answer for this point...
Basically, you can add as many as you want wxCrafter files to the workspace. Its just that its not automated yet.

I was about to release wxCrafter tomorrow for people to test it (with the ability to generate XRC as well + some updates),
but I will add this feature before releasing it (its worth adding it before releasing it)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Arbalest
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Arbalest »

Two questions/comments:

1) I'm new to CodeLite and it is not obvious which download should be used for Windows users. It looks like there are 3 choices but I had to just take my best guess and install the MinGW version. When do I want the non-MinGW version or the Wx version? Are there notes anywhere on the site that explain this?

2) When I installed the MinGW version I noticed that GCC was installed. I downloaded CodeLite to start using Clang -- do I need to use a different environment (e.g. Ubuntu) if I want to used a Clang version?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Arbalest wrote:When do I want the non-MinGW version
If you know what you are doing and you have a compiler installed already and you know how to configure it to work with codelite
Or when you already installed one of the other packages that includes MinGW and now you just want to upgrade the IDE without changing the toolchain
Arbalest wrote:or the Wx version?
If you want to use wxWidgets toolkit. codelite offers wxWidgets perbuild binaries already configured into the IDE - this helps people to develop UI applications based on wxWidgets SDK
Arbalest wrote:Are there notes anywhere on the site that explain this?
http://www.codelite.org/LiteEditor/Download

codelite has a wiki, in fact this entire site is a one big wiki ;) (except for the forum where I used phpBB).
Go to codelite's home page http://codelite.org and use the navigation bar on the left side to get more info
Arbalest wrote:When I installed the MinGW version I noticed that GCC was installed
Yes, this is what MinGW is: Minimalist GNU for Windows

Note that clang compiler is OK under Windows, HOWEVER, you can not use gdb to debug your code (its broken under Windows, and afaics, I don't think that clang developers care about that much) here is the bug I reported on August:

http://llvm.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=13636

So yes, to use clang - switch to Linux / Mac.]

Here is codelite's guide for configuring clang to work with codelite:

http://www.codelite.org/LiteEditor/ClangCompiler

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Arbalest
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Arbalest »

Eran, thanks for the thorough and detailed reply!
Igor
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: Cpp

Post by Igor »

I've tried but the result is the same
eranif
CodeLite Plugin