Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
Akronym
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Renaming Virtual folder issue

Post by Akronym »

Hi,

at first: "Bought" the IDE a couple of days ago, just awesome! :)

I encountered the following bug:
- I created a virtual folder "widgets" and checked "create the folder on the file system as well"
- I renamed the folder inside the IDE to "controls" => all my includes won't work with the new name because the folder in the file system is still widgets.

EDIT:
Renaming the folder in the filesystem => CodeLite makefile will not be updated => compile error.

EDIT 2:
When I delete the folder and re-add it with the same name, it doesn't show up in the Workspace-Explorer

I am using the latest version 6.1.1
Last edited by Akronym on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Renaming Virtual folder issue

Post by eranif »

Akronym wrote:- I renamed the folder inside the IDE to "controls" => all my includes won't work with the new name because the folder in the file system is still widgets.
Indeed, this is a bug. Can you open a bug here: https://github.com/eranif/codelite/issues/new
Akronym wrote:Renaming the folder in the filesystem => CodeLite makefile will not be updated => compile error.
What happens when you click on the project and select 'Export Makefile' ?

Can you also, post the build output? (see my forum signature to the 'HOW TO POST' thread)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Akronym
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Akronym »

Build output:

Code: Select all

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c "E:/dev/mingw-4.8.1-3TDM/bin/mingw32-make.exe -j8 SHELL=cmd.exe  -e -f  Makefile"
"----------Building project:[ Testproject - Debug ]----------"
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory 'E:/dev/workspaces/Buggy/Testproject'
E:/dev/mingw-4.8.1-3TDM/bin/g++.exe   -c  "E:/dev/workspaces/Buggy/Testproject/main.cpp" -g -O0 -Wall  -o ./Debug/main.cpp.o -I. -I.
E:/dev/workspaces/Buggy/Testproject/main.cpp:2:38: fatal error: src/controls/Testclass.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include "src/controls/Testclass.hpp"
                                      ^
compilation terminated.
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [Debug/main.cpp.o] Error 1
Testproject.mk:95: recipe for target 'Debug/main.cpp.o' failed
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory 'E:/dev/workspaces/Buggy/Testproject'
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
Makefile:4: recipe for target 'All' failed
2 errors, 0 warnings
#include "src/controls/Testclass.hpp" is the wrong path, it was src/widgets/ ... before I changed the name ...
eran wrote:What happens when you click on the project and select 'Export Makefile' ?
Nothing happens, rebuilding still doesn't work.

I edited my first post:
Akronym wrote:When I delete the folder and re-add it with the same name, it doesn't show up in the Workspace-Explorer
When I delete the folder "widgets" I can't readd this folder.

I will try to open a bug. I first have to register @ GitHub :roll:

EDIT:
Added two issues to the bugtracker on GitHub as Akronymus
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

Akronym wrote:I first have to register @ GitHub
I don't allow anonymous bug reports, the rational behind this: it gives me as a developer a 2 way communication with the bug reporter (e.g. when I need more information) + if it is important enough to make me use my time to investigate it,
the reporter can at least identify himself when reporting bugs

Out of curiosity, after you renamed the files manually (in the include statements etc) you managed to build your project?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Akronym
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Akronym »

eran wrote:Out of curiosity, after you renamed the files manually (in the include statements etc) you managed to build your project?
Original

/*Original folder name "widget"*/
#include "widgets/MyClass.cpp" 
still worked, after renaming the folder via CodeLite (of course, folder on the file system is still "widgets")

/*Renamed folder in Workspace editor (still "widgets" on file system)*/
#include "controls/MyClass.cpp"
didn't work after renaming the folder via CodeLite.
eran wrote: I don't allow anonymous bug reports, the rational behind this: it gives me as a developer a 2 way communication with the bug reporter (e.g. when I need more information) + if it is important enough to make me use my time to investigate it,
the reporter can at least identify himself when reporting bugs
I am fine with this, just forgot my old account data (long time ago). Just made a new one so we can communicate if necessary :)

Easiest was to reproduce this behaviour is to make a new console app, add a virtual folder (on file system too), create a new class inside the folder, #include it in main.cpp and then rename the folder. It still builds, but the includes don't match the path in the workspace explorer.

Edit:
Btw.: I am on Windows 8 ...