Codelite closes on startup unless run as administrator

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
iwbnwif
CodeLite Veteran
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Codelite closes on startup unless run as administrator

Post by iwbnwif »

Codelite has been running fine for a few years until I recently bought a new High DPI (4k) monitor.

Now the application will start to load, but shut before becoming available to use. However, if I right click and 'Run as administrator' then it will run normally.

I haven't found any way of tracking down the problem. Most other apps run normally, but I do also have the same problem with FreeCAD.

Is there a switch I can add to the command line to see where Codelite is failing?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Codelite closes on startup unless run as administrator

Post by eranif »

Try deleting the folder %appdata%\CodeLite and see if it helps
If it does not, try installing CodeLite in a folder other than C:\Program Files\CodeLite (try something local)
There is a log file under %appdata%\CodeLite
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
iwbnwif
CodeLite Veteran

Post by iwbnwif »

Thank you for the suggestions.

This is what I have discovered so far:

Deleting (actually I renamed) the %appdata%\CodeLite did not help.

Installing Codelite 12.0.0 in a local folder works, but re-instating the %appdata%\CodeLite folder caused it to stop working. Renaming the folder again (so a new folder is created) results in Codelite working again.

Codelite 12.0.10 does not work either installed in a local folder or in Program Files (but it does when run as administrator).

The log file does not include anything interesting, only:

Code: Select all

[16:27:37:760 ERR] [Main] Failed to open file: C:\Users\iwbnwif\AppData\Roaming\codelite\config\php.conf . No error
[16:27:37:770 ERR] [Main] Failed to open file: C:\Users\iwbnwif\AppData\Roaming\codelite\config\php-general.conf . No error
[16:27:41:900 ERR] [Main] Failed to open file: C:\Users\iwbnwif\AppData\Roaming\codelite\config\phplint.conf . No error
I read that similar problems were being caused if %appdata%\Temp has the wrong permissions, but that doesn't appear to be my problem.

It seems that this is a relatively common problem in Windows 10, but so far none of the Google'd solutions work.
iwbnwif
CodeLite Veteran

Post by iwbnwif »

So after digging further, the problem seems to lay in %appdata%\CodeLite\config\codelite.xml.

In particular, within the section

<ArchiveObject Name="GeneralInfo">
If I change the line:

<long Value="141" Name="m_flags"/>
to:

<long Value="140" Name="m_flags"/>
Then Codelite 12.0.0 seems to work fine.