Matti
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Debugging console app

Post by Matti »

Hi

Latest version of Ubuntu and CodeLite.
I am quite new to Linux and new to CodeLite.
I am making quite large program which should read input file, process it and make output files.
Input file and some options on command line.
If I try run program with Quick Debug, where I can define program arguments , it works but method is very slowly to compare run program with commandline arguments. How it is possible run/debug program faster than line by line?

If I try to run program with terminal, i got only message "command programname was not found". I can se the executeable in terminalm window and in Nautilus.

thanks
Matti
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Debugging console app

Post by eranif »

Matti wrote:If I try run program with Quick Debug, where I can define program arguments , it works but method is very slowly to compare run program with commandline arguments.
I am not sure what you mean here, I will assume that you meant: it takes some extra keys each time to setup the program + arguments and then debugging.

Instead of using the 'Quick Debug' method, which is there to allow using codelite as a pure interface to gdb, you could try to debug the active project.

Please read this:

http://codelite.org/LiteEditor/Debugging

- Make sure that the executable to debug is set properly in the 'Project Settings > General tab', under 'Program to Debug / Run'

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Matti
CodeLite Curious

Re: Debugging console app

Post by Matti »

Well, the problem was that program didnt start to run in console with commandline arguments(input file etc), dont know why, now it does. :D
Thanks