Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
denis
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

wxCrafter not found

Post by denis »

Hello,

Yesterday I discovered the wonderful wxCrafter plugin. Congratulation for your nice tools.
At work, I could install wcrafter 1.1 with codelite-5.1.0-mingw4.7.1-wx2.9.4.exe on a 32bits Windows 7 workstation and run the examples without any problem.

However, at home, I didn't succeed to install / run wxcrafter at home on my personal laptop: it never appeared in Plugins menu list, CodeLite always telling me to install it, though wcrafter dll was actually installed in its plugin directory. The only difference is that, at home, I'm using a 64bits Windows 7. I deinstalled and reinstalled CodeLite + wxCrafter a dozen times, tried a previous CodeLite version with no more success. Have you any idea ?

Denis.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: wxCrafter not found

Post by eranif »

denis wrote:However, at home, I didn't succeed to install / run wxcrafter at home on my personal laptop: it never appeared in Plugins menu list, CodeLite always telling me to install it, though wcrafter dll was actually installed in its plugin directory. The only difference is
Do you have any error under CODELITE_INSTALL_DIR/codelite.log ?

Which codelite version did you install at home? make sure you install the correct wxCrafter version that matches it (there are 2 versions available on the site)

I am using Windows 7/64 so its should not be a problem

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
denis
CodeLite Curious

Post by denis »

Thank you for your support!
I will be able to check codelite.log tonight.
I could be wrong on my first attempt, but I have verified that the versions match well in the following tests, equally unsuccessful.
Moreover, at each codelite uninstall, I manually removed all remaining files in CODELITE_INSTALL_DIR.
denis
CodeLite Curious

Post by denis »

btw, I tried codelite-5.1.0-mingw4.7.1-wx2.9.4.exe at home with the matching version of wxcrafter.
However I always used the wxcrafter-setup.exe and didn't tried to simply copy the dll. Is this second way possible? How codelite is is notified of a new installed plugin?

Denis.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

denis wrote:How codelite is is notified of a new installed plugin?
You need to restart codelite
denis wrote: didn't tried to simply copy the dll
Don't try it. copying the .dll is not enough (in wxC case) there are some other files it requires like a zip file containing the images and another resource file
In addition, wxC requires wxribbon*.dll file which are not included with codelite's installer

Eran
denis
CodeLite Curious

Post by denis »

Now everything is ok! I simply deinstalled all again, deactivated avast antivirus (I forgot to say it suspected wxcrafter-setup.exe, blocking temporarily the installation process), reinstalled both codelite then wxcrafter and it works!

Thank you Eran for your help, and congratulation for your beautiful work!
softport
CodeLite Curious

Post by softport »

Hello, I am an ex Dev-C++ user (at least retired for now), and was looking for a replacement when,
yesterday I came across codelite.

I would like to use wxWidgets, and have tried to install wxCrafter, but have had no success. The problem
is the same as mentioned by the author of the thread. The wxCrafter dll is in the plugins directory, but does
not show up in the list of plugins of the codelite IDE.

The codelite was installed using this file: codelite-2.6.0.4189-mingw4.4.1-wx2.8.10.exe
wxCrafter was installed using this file: wxcrafter-1.1-setup_1.7z

I have looked in the codelite directory for the file codelite.log but did not find it. Could I be using the wrong
version of wxCrafter? Eranif, you mentioned that there are 2 versions of this file. I downloaded from http://wxcrafter.codelite.org/ and there was a free and a registered version. I downloaded the free version :oops:

I also tried updating codelite (when starting it it said there was a newer version), but this didn't work at all, in fact codelight would just crash startup. So, I erased everything, including user/application data, and reinstalled codelite-2.6.0.4189-mingw4.4.1-wx2.8.10.exe and wxcrafter-1.1-setup_1.7z .

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and regards.
WinXP SP3, CodeLite 5.1.0, MinGW 4.7.1, wxWidgets 2.9.4, wxCrafter 1.1
jfouche
CodeLite Guru

Post by jfouche »

Your Codelite version is not correct. On the wxCrafter site, you can see that the version 1.1 is for Codelite 5.1
So : Download the Codelite 5.1 bundle, and then, install wxCrafter 1.1, and everything will be fine.
Jérémie
softport
CodeLite Curious

Post by softport »

Thanks Jérémie, I did download codelite-5.1.0-mingw4.7.1.exe, but it did not seem to have wxWidgets in it. However I will delete everything and re-install 5.1.0, at least I know now that that is the way it must be.
Will report back, thanks!

Ok, wxCrafter is now working, and am following this "Hello World" example. Everything seems to be working fine right up to the point of building the project. Then I receive this message from the Output View-> Build window:

Please use the --prefix flag (as in wx-config --prefix=C:\wxWidgets)
or set the environment variable WXWIN (as in WXWIN=C:\wxWidgets)
to specify where is your installation of wxWidgets.

I don't seem to have a wxWidgets directory anywhere.

Thanks again for your help.

Walter
WinXP SP3, CodeLite 5.1.0, MinGW 4.7.1, wxWidgets 2.9.4, wxCrafter 1.1
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Just in case: make sure you install codelite with wxWidgets
This installer contains codelite IDE + GCC4.7.1 + wxWidgets 2.9.4

Try this:

- Uninstall everything, this means: uninstall codelite, uninstall wxCrafter delete the folder %appdata%\CodeLite and manually remove the folder where you previously installed codelite (there might be some leftovers there)
- Download and Install codelite 5.1 with MinGW and wxWidgets
- Download and Install wxCrafter that is suitable for codelite 5.1
- Start codelite and try build a sample hello world

Let me know if it worked out for you,
Eran