General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
ebinezer
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

.exe question and build error problems

Post by ebinezer »

Codelite rev. 4778; WinXP;

After installing Codelite I followed the online examples for "Hello World" and also recreated the "Creating a wxWidgets GUI App" video step by step pausing frequently to make sure I was doing everything correctly. When I ran both programs I got the same "console" window (see attached). I did not get the window that showed in the video with an exit menu. It seems I can only get console windows when I build my projects. When I closed each window I got a "Program exited with return code: -1073741510" when clicking the close box in the upper right corner and "Program exited with return code: 2293508" when pressing any key to exit.
When I built the programs the compiler output some error messages but they went by so quickly I could not read them. All I was able to see was "Build Ended Successfully." I was not able to scroll the output to read what it said.

Can anyone help me with these problems?

Also how do I generate an .exe file for my projects? I tried to debug my programs but there was no .exe file. I couldn't find it anywhere.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
josee
CodeLite Enthusiast
IDE Question: C++

Re: .exe question and build error problems

Post by josee »

> When I built the programs the compiler output some error messages but they
> went by so quickly I could not read them. All I was able to see was
> "Build Ended Successfully." I was not able to scroll the output to read what it said.

Use the Build button on the lower left corner of the Codelite window to switch to the build output.

After compilation you should see something like:
Auswahl_001.png
After switch you should see something like:
Auswahl_002.png
Then report the errors here if they are specific to Codelite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ebinezer
CodeLite Curious

Post by ebinezer »

Thanks josee

I did as you instructed and here is the output from the build:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "winChk_wsp.mk""
----------Building project:[ winChk - Debug ]----------
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Program Files/CodeLite/projects/winChk/winChk'
windres -i "C:/Program Files/CodeLite/projects/winChk/winChk/resources.rc" --use-temp-file --define __WXMSW__ --define _UNICODE --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-2.8.12\lib\gcc_dll\mswu --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include --define WXUSINGDLL -o ./Debug/resources.rc.o

// these are the errors the output shows
cc1.exe: error: C:\MinGW-4.4.1: No such file or directory
windres: gcc exited with status 1
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [Debug/resources.rc.o] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Program Files/CodeLite/projects/winChk/winChk'
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2

----------Build Ended----------
0 errors, 0 warnings

The output claims that cc1.exe: error C:\MinGW-4.4.1:No such file or directory; but that directory is there. Obviously it can't find it. How do I correct that error?
Do you think the other errors are related to the first one?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

ebinezer wrote:C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "winChk_wsp.mk""
----------Building project:[ winChk - Debug ]----------
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Program Files/CodeLite/projects/winChk/winChk'
windres -i "C:/Program Files/CodeLite/projects/winChk/winChk/resources.rc" --use-temp-file --define __WXMSW__ --define _UNICODE --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-2.8.12\lib\gcc_dll\mswu --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include --define WXUSINGDLL -o ./Debug/resources.rc.o
Use the forum search, and you will get the answer:
http://codelite.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... dres#p5729

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
ebinezer
CodeLite Curious

Post by ebinezer »

Thanks Eran that problem is solved.

Using that same video demo I build the program after adding the code for the OnHelp(wxCommandEvent& e) and coding the wxAboutDialogInfo but when I right clicked on the wxAboutDialogInfo line and selected: Add include file for "wxAboutDialogInfo" from the context menu nothing happened. In the video an Add Include File box came up but each time I try it, nothing comes up?
I searched the forum but couldn't find anything that addressed my problem. Can you please help me with this?

codelite-demo.png
codelite-video-demo.png